Pine A64 with gnome mouse not working

aaronmarsh632

Hi Everyone,

I have a clean install of armbian with vanilla gnome installed, it boots to the login screen and mouse seems fine but after a few seconds it stops responding and when you move it it does this weird rapid shake movement as if your moving the mouse like 2 pixels side to side 100 times a second, its hard to explain but the curser doesn't move. Every reboot and the same thing happens and I tried starting from scratch with a fresh flash but same results happen and also tried different mouse, they work fine on other machines though.

Has anyone come across anything like this before who can possibly offer some advice? Sorry if I haven't explained very well but not sure how else to word it. I temporarily used LibreElec which the mouse worked fine on so think it must just be a software issue somewhere.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

13 hours ago, aaronmarsh632 said:

Has anyone come across anything like this before who can possibly offer some advice? Sorry if I haven't explained very well but not sure how else to word it. I temporarily used LibreElec which the mouse worked fine on so think it must just be a software issue somewhere

@aaronmarsh632 I dont have a Pine A64, but a NanoPi A64 and had there similar problems with the mouse on the desktop.

The only "solution" that I did found was to set the cpu-governor via armbian-config => system => cpu to "performance".

All other governors didnt work well (like ondemand, conservative, userspace...)

But with "performance" the desktop was useable and the mouse didnt freeze