Anyone managed to successfully install OMV5 on Helios4?

_slayer_

Armbianmonitor:

I'm having a hard time clarifying if OMV 5 is stable on Helios 4 and if there are any successful builds out there.

Since there doesn't seem to be an upgrade path from OMV4 -> OMV5 and so requiring a full rebuild, I want to understand as much as possible before actually trying this new version out.

Any successes out there?

On 5/12/2020 at 4:58 AM, gprovost said:

@_slayer_ Yes OMV5 is not officially stable.

I would personally recommend a fresh install of Armbian Buster and then install OMV5 via armbian-config tool.

FYI a new major Armbian release (20.05) is coming up in the coming days.

Do you have a rough estimate when Armbian 20.05 is going to be released?

1 hour ago, _slayer_ said:

Do you have a rough estimate when Armbian 20.05 is going to be released?

Rough estimate of "05" is May 2020. It can also be delayed into June for various of reasons. This is our private cash / time we are burning for.

https://github.com/armbian/documentation/blob/master/docs/Process_Release-Model.md

We are staying close to the plan. If you add your resources, things can go smoother, with less delay, better next time. 

Just wanting to do a fresh install of Armbian Buster to install OMV5 via the armbian-config tool.

I notice that it has been mentioned that Armbian 20.05 is going to be released soon. In fact I can see here that it has been:

https://www.armbian.com/helios4/#faq-section

However, when I go to the Helios4 website and follow the documentation as to where to download the latest image from it tells me only 20.02 is available:
https://wiki.kobol.io/download/

I'm just a little bit confused and was wondering if someone could tell me if the 20.05 image is good to use? Or whether I should wait until it is put on the Helios4 kobol website?

2 hours ago, wolf7250 said:

However, when I go to the Helios4 website and follow the documentation as to where to download the latest image from it tells me only 20.02 is available:
https://wiki.kobol.io/download/

It has been just a few days since release so they probably did not update their wiki yet.

https://www.armbian.com/newsflash/armbian-20-05-kagu/

4 hours ago, Werner said:

It has been just a few days since release so they probably did not update their wiki yet.

That's fair enough. Thank you for replying.

It's understandable that the wiki hasn't been updated yet given the release was so recent.

Thank you :)

Hello,

my installation omv crashed the other day. The SD card was corrupted and fsck was not able to get the thing back. Ok, I said, not a problem, I will reinstall the system from the last version.
I downloaded the last version Armbian_20.05.1_Helios4_buster_current_5.4.43 and thought that I will be good in an hour.
Now it is two days later and it doesn't work and I don't know how to get it to work. Here just a little description of what happens.
1. write the image on the µSD

2. put in Helios4. Start.

3. connect over serial. login roor, change root password, add sudo user.

4. apt update+upgrade. ok.

5. (optionally) Set fixed IP-address with armbian-config (DHCP doesn't change the issue).

6. enter armbian-config install OMV. Installation takes some time, the nas reboots.

7. login with root or the user

8. No network anymore. OMV took over the system, the eth0: device is no more. OMV is not usable because there's no GUI, one cannot connect externally to it.
Here the result of ifconfig

root@helios4:~# ifconfig

lo: flags=73<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING> mtu 65536

inet 127.0.0.1 netmask 255.0.0.0

inet6 ::1 prefixlen 128 scopeid 0x10<host>

loop txqueuelen 1000 (Local Loopback)

RX packets 2129 bytes 878522 (857.9 KiB)

RX errors 0 dropped 0 overruns 0 frame 0

TX packets 2129 bytes 878522 (857.9 KiB)

TX errors 0 dropped 0 overruns 0 carrier 0 collisions 0

root@helios4:~#

What can I do to at least set an interface. The options are annoying as I don't want to read a treatise on systemd and having to lear what the f.  yaml is, or in what format I have to invoke beelzebuth to get that interface to show up.

Edited by Patrick Schlüter