[WIP]hdmi cec driver for H3

jodamm

Thanks for the reply jernej, i'm using 3.4. Building Xenial 16.04 for it's multimedia stability.

Can you please clarify if I need to build libcec in order to use cec-client on H3? If so how do I include libcec in a new Armbian build?

I haven't used kernel 3.4 for years, but I remember some things.

1. load kernel module and check if /dev/sunxi_hdmi_cec exists. If not, you are missing some kernel patches.

2. You have to patch libcec with https://raw.githubusercontent.com/jernejsk/OpenELEC-OPi2/openelec-7.0/packages/devel/libcec/patches/libcec-04-sunxi-support.patch (works with libcec 3.0.1)

3. Add "-DHAVE_SUNXI_LIB=1" during cmake build

Generally, I don't support kernel 3.4 anymore, so if there are any issues, you are pretty much on your own.

I've already used the Kernel patch file and can load the driver with modprobe hdmi_cec but am clueless when it comes to how to deal with libcec.

Is libcec already in the Armbian build directory in order to apply the libcec patch file? if so where?

Do I download libcec sources into the Armbian build directory, then patch? then run an Armbian build?

Do I flash the armbian image onto the H3 Device then download and build libcec source on that?