Mark TV-Boxes forums as CSC

Go to solution Solved by Werner,

49 minutes ago, Werner said:

And within that forums create a hint

OK, like

- support for TV boxes is very limited ...  

- expect no expert support in this area

- community support only

What suits best?

1 hour ago, Igor said:

At this stage, it would be good to assign / find moderator to help @balbes150 moving posts to correct place.

I have physically no time to view the entire forum and all themes, that-would track on the entire forum themes associated with TV boxes. Please to all moderators, if you see (think) that a particular topic or message in your sections about TV boxes, move them to the section of TV boxes. If you are in doubt whether the topic is related to TV boxes or not, send me a link or message for analysis.

24 minutes ago, balbes150 said:

I have physically no time to view the entire forum and all themes

I understand that, users don't. We should communicate this with as little words possible, with a banner or bold text. "Support is on a best effort level" "Never seek personal attention for end user support" ... on the long run, things will be changed.

3 hours ago, Igor said:

OK, like

- support for TV boxes is very limited ...  

- expect no expert support in this area

- community support only

What suits best?

I guess everything :lol:

4 hours ago, Igor said:

Support is on a best effort level" "Never seek personal attention for end user support"

I don't think this was @Werner 's intention.  IIRC, since Beelink where they just replace parts we agreed that TV-Boxes are CSC only.

Let us be consistent, do not invent anything new that is arleady there, and just place a line below the TV-Box-Section as Werner suggested at the begin.

SUPPORTED

SUITABLE FOR TESTING (WIP)

SUPPORT ENDED (EOS)

NO OFFICIAL SUPPORT (CSC) are devices which are supported by the 3rd party. We usually don’t have hardware samples nor conduct any tests but they might work. There is no support whatsoever.

I copied that from the download FAQ section.

I still hate TLA's  (three-letter acronym) without explanation. I cannot remember what CSC stands for !   and!!! and it is not explained on the FAQ, what is a bloody FAQ for if it raises a question.

Important Information

Terms of Use - Privacy Policy - Guidelines