1 1
Peter1

property "reset-gpios" not found

(edited)

Hello, in a Overlay (compatible = "simple-panel-dsi";) I have the following proerties:

reset-gpios = <&gpio8 3 1>; /* GPIO8_A3 */
reset-delay-ms = <10>;
enable-delay-ms = <60>;

in the panel-simple.c driver File I can find the properties "reset-delay-ms", "enable-delay-ms"  - but not the "reset-gpios" property. Even though the reset at GPIO8_A3 is working correctly.

I also had no success to find this property in another file... so I'm very confused about where or in which driver / include is this property defined/specified?

I also have tried to search "reset-gpios" in all files with grep, see below, but I could not find a related driver/include file that use this property.

sudo grep --include=\*.{c,h,dtsi,dts} -rnw '/home/yy/build/cache/' -e "reset-gpios"

in the panel-simple.c driver File I can find the property "reset" instead of "reset-gpios", but if I use "reset = <..." in my Overlay - the reset at GPIO8_A3 does not work.

So I'm really wondering why that "reset-gpios" is working?

Maybe someone can give a hint?

Many thanks

Peter

EDIT: can someone move this Thread to "Common Issues" ?

Edited by Peter1

3 hours ago, Peter1 said:

but I could not find a related driver/include file that use this property.

you should look here in cache/sources/linux-mainline/linux-5.4.y/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/display/