TX3 Mini 1/8GB Armbian Config Crash

After following the main guide "Single Armbian image for RK + AML + AW" I've been able to boot into armbian via sd card without issue using the update method. Ethernet is working and nothing seems to be broken.

However, trying to launch Armbian Config to install on eMMC doesn't work because after clicking to open the program a terminal pops up and disappears immediately, similar to how if you opened a command line program in windows just by clicking on it, it would close by itself. 

I'm not sure if this is a related problem but running terminal and trying to use su fails even though I'm certain I've got the password correct. I even reformatted and installed the image again on the sd card to make sure I set the password correctly but I always get authentication failed.

Sudo also fails unless I press Control+Alt+F3 and then I can login on the new screen.

Synaptic Package Manager isn't able to open at all as well.

On another note, is it possible to back up the android system before installing armbian permanently? All the guides I've seen so far for backing up eMMC are to backup armbian, not the original android installed on it.

EDIT: It appears that Armbian Config can be opened after following the steps in

However, the other problems seem to remain.

Edited by Zazazas

• Werner locked this topic