Display Offset

Armbianmonitor:

Hi,

after the installation of the new kernel version (5.6.15-meson64) on my board (Le Potato), the display have ~1cm offset on the top of the monitor and ~1cm of non-visible element on the bottom. It is basically moved down by ~1cm from the center. I have already had this problem, but it "self solved" by updating the kernel, so i have no hint to solve the problem, only that it is very likely caused by something in the kernel. For the display i use an HDMI connector.

I have attached the armbianmonitor log, if some more info are needed, you have only to ask.

Thanks in advance for the time and dedicated effort.

Have a good day!

Edit:

Wow, i don't know how i missed it. It seems that also the audio through HDMI does not work. Pulseaudio report that the audio is produced, but nothing come out from the speakers. If i'm not wrong i have had also this problem in the past at the same time with the monitor problem, but this was fixed by a patch from @lanefu: https://github.com/armbian/build/pull/1805 .

if X selects the best resolution, but the image is bigger than screen, you need adjust display's overscan setting. but if there is an offset, maybe there is a setting in display but i don't know. it looks like you already had a fixed version.

On 6/27/2020 at 4:21 PM, ning said:

you need to use alsamixer in console, select audio card with F6, and enable some switch and enlarge volume to have hdmi output.

Thx, opening the alsamixer device like you said and setting AIU_HDMI to I2S and AIU_SPDI to SPDIF solve the problem (even if i have no idea what these setting means :P).

On 6/27/2020 at 4:26 PM, ning said:

if X selects the best resolution, but the image is bigger than screen, you need adjust display's overscan setting. but if there is an offset, maybe there is a setting in display but i don't know. it looks like you already had a fixed version.

Regarding the monitor, i have no controls over the monitor. I use a Raspad Kit and the monitor is like "integrated" into the chassis. The only settings that i can adjust are volume and brightness. Surely the problem is related to the strange monitor, no doubt about this. But i got the same problem a with previous kernel and it was fixed with a newer one. Maybe when the kernel 5.7 will become available, the problem will "self-fix".

Anyway thanks a lot for the support, now i can listen music again :beer: