Hotspot max connections problem

aliend

Hi,
I have Cubietrauck and I installed legacy Jessie on SD card and after configuration hostapd for using it as access point only 5 devices were able to connect to my device. After search I’ve added max_num_sta=20 but it didn’t solve my problem.
I tried to use other distribution like vanilla Jessie and vanilla trusty server but I had same problem.

Here is my hostapd configuration:

interface=wlan0
driver=nl80211
ssid=ssid
hw_mode=g
channel=9
macaddr_acl=0
auth_algs=1
ignore_broadcast_ssid=0
wpa=2
wpa_passphrase=mypassword
wpa_key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
wpa_pairwise=CCMP
rsn_pairwise=CCMP
max_num_sta=20

How can I change max devices connection? Is this problem relate to the wifi module and how can I fix it?

Wow ! Thanks for the information, I almost spent 10hours looking everywhere in logs and on internet for why my maximum simultaneous connection was 5 !

I'm looking for any workaround, is there any ? (Is changing hardware the only solution ? If yes, which one to choose as a good substitute to cubietruck ?).

In the meantime i'll still try to look for more information over the Internet.

Many thanks in advance, feel free to just link me interesting URI i'll appreciate any kind of help ! (Even interesting LetMeGoogleThatForYou, just don't know really where to begin with my research)

(Oh since it's my first post, i'd like to thanks every participant of Armbian dev/forum ! Saved me lot of time, seriously ! Cubietruck isn't widely documented...or i'm just newbie not finding them)