BARGAIN: HDMI capture card

JMCC

Heads up. Here is this HDMI to USB 2.0 capture card, 1080p@30. Very useful for posting captures, or using your laptop as an improvised HDMI monitor.

It can be get for $5, shipping form the EU, USA and Russia. Here is the link: https://aliexpress.com/item/4001019746564.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.613263c0C55RA2

It got very good reviews (unless the device looks identical on the outside but has different internals): 

1 hour ago, martinayotte said:

I've ordered one last week

No need to hurry:  Additional 2% off (2 pieces or more) 59'987 pieces available |  the more you buy, the more you safe ;)

US $4.72    US $26.20 -82%  (from China Free Shipping)

@JMCC   @martinayotte    what is your use case?

4 minutes ago, Tido said:

what is your use case?

1) It has low latency, so I can use my laptop screen as an improvised monitor to test SBC's, for example. Useful when you don't have the space for setting up a proper "workbench".

2) Recording tutorials

3) Recording boot sequences, console output, etc.

7 minutes ago, Tido said:

from China Free Shipping

The good thing is that, in that store I linked, you get free shipping from within the EU and USA, with shorter delivery times.

15 minutes ago, martinayotte said:

TV shows archives

ha, what a clever idea. But my IP-TV (Apple TV) has only one HDMI-output, so I would have to chose a show and record it. From which device do you capture it? What is your workflow. Do you keep the record on a NAS and stream it from there to other TV boxes?

46 minutes ago, JMCC said:

Useful when you don't have the space for setting up a proper "workbench".

while on vacation or very long commute and you want to tinker now and then, nice idea.

While Switzerland is in the heart of Europe/EU, thank god we are not part of it. So, this shipping method doesn't apply to me.

Edited by Tido
not EU

44 minutes ago, Tido said:

From which device do you capture it?

From my Bell Fiber TV Decoder, but I'm using HDMI splitter ...

45 minutes ago, Tido said:

Do you keep the record on a NAS

Yes ! Actually, I'm using currently a HDMI Capture box purchased a year ago (at US$80), which store the capture on USB dongle, which I then copy files into a NAS, but current limitation is that files are splitted into 2GB FAT chunk (around 20mins of recording) instead of single files. I then need to concatenate them into single one using ffmpeg.

Then, I convert them into DVD with "dvdauthor" to give DVDs to my mother ...

On 6/17/2020 at 11:25 AM, JMCC said:

Dear customer Thank you for your trust and order. Sorry to tell you, can you pay us 10 dollars more? Due to the recent impact of the global influenza virus, the logistics costs of logistics companies have increased, so in order to successfully ship your goods, you can only increase your shipping costs. Hope you understand waiting for your reply. Thank you in advance

Why should China Post increase the cost?   If I don't receive it, I will report it to the customer service.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.