armbian orange pi one stuck

justin256

Hi,

I am new to all this and I have downloaded everything to my sd card.

When I power on the board it gets stuck on "started update UTMP about system runlevel changes" and does nothing more.

some images at https://imgur.com/92ZOiwD

15 hours ago, Technicavolous said:

does your monitor have an 'auto adjust' ?I had a similar issue where the monitor was underscanning or overscanning or something and 'auto adjust' (from the monitors menu) brought the whole screen into the viewport of the monitor.

Also my guess since [ OK is missing before the ] ...

Hi there,

I'm really pissed off, my orange pi one will only boot the original images with kernel 3.14 or similar, anything higher will NOT boot even when the boot partition is fat32.

I have noticed that NONE of the current images for this board has the boot partition in fat32 and I believe this is definitely related to the god damned issue.

Can anyone help in getting this to boot newer images? The repositories on the original ones do not work and I am unable to do anything I need without these.

Also, anyone has any instructions on how to upgrade the onboard FEL firmware? I have reason to believe this is the real culprit of all the issues as my board is quite old. When I bought it they still costed 12.5€ (less than half of todays price) so this is a first gen board.

What are you booting from?  I use an SD card with the up to date image which works just fine.  There is no boot partition in the image, just a boot directory.

Can you try an up to date image with and SD card?

The fel firmware would be part of u-boot that is on the Armbian image.