Buster images are missing symlik to boot.ini

PawelW

Armbianmonitor:

My board is Odroid HC1
Using balenaEtcher under Windows 10 I have instaled today Armbian_20.05.7_Odroidxu4_buster_current_5.4.50_minimal.img.xz and also was trying before Armbian_20.05.7_Odroidxu4_buster_legacy_4.14.187.img.xz.
On both images I wanted to increase verbosity to 7 to see in serial console boot process. 

Changes in boot.ini are not used during boot until symlink /boot.ini is created which point to /boot/boot.ini

Until this is done you will se uboot error that script /boot.ini is not found.

Please add this symlink to images for XU4/HC1.

Second issue is that editing armbianEnv.txt is not overwriting values in boot.ini. I have added new line verbosity=7 and it has no effect. Only editing boot.ini is changing boot behaviour.

Edited by PawelW

Everything is correct, just script loading is probing one after another since different configuration are possible ... without boot.ini loaded, you can't boot.

Using Armbian_20.08_Odroidxu4_buster_legacy_4.14.191.img on my HC1 I saw the same "error" message as PawelW.  I also made the symlink /boot/boot.ini -> /boot.ini to make the message go away.

Press quickly 'Enter' twice to stop autoboot:  0
** File not found /boot.ini **
## Executing script at 43e00000

Confirming that PawelW's second issue also happened for me.  Adding verbosity=7 to armbianEnv.txt had no effect. I had to change the value in boot.ini which says "DO NOT EDIT"

1 hour ago, Umoxuy said:

dding verbosity=7 to armbianEnv.txt had no effect. I had to change the value in boot.ini which says "DO NOT EDIT"

Odroid uses nonstandard way which means this is an exception - they store boot script in a plain editable file ... which you can edit.