Pine A64 LTS V1.2 LCD DSI Boot Issue

mudcat

I just received my Pine A64 LTS V1.2 board, 7" LCD TOUCH SCREEN PANEL, and playbox enclosure.
I flashed an sd card with Linux Armbian Focal:

https://dl.armbian.com/pine64so/Focal_current

If the LCD is connected via the DSI port, the boot freezes during UBoot. If I disconnect the LCD from the DSI connector, we get past the first part of UBoot immediately and it eventually brings me to the login prompt.

I do observe that the green power LED appears to light then turn off about when it freezes on boot with the DSI connector attached. I have the official 5 V 2 A SOPINE supply from the store (https://store.pine64.org/product/sopine-baseboard-us-power-supply/).

Has anyone seen anything like this before?

Cheers

I have learned that the warranty is 15 days from receipt. I reached out to support, they were not only unable to resolve but failed to have any insight beyond "is it plugged in, is it turned on, did you try all of the official releases of various distributions".

Gavinb, I see that link and I don't know what I am looking at.

It is hard to imagine that anyone would pay money for pine64 products that simply don't work. Or that the team cannot be bothered to maintain a working software configuration which was historically called the Golden Master (GM) against which we can determine conclusively hardware issues which should be guaranteed to work. That would be fair. But this is not.

I am disappointed. Such a waste and what a shame.

Did you try to boot Android just to make sure LCD is not defective or if wired correctly?

I don't know what are the changes from the Pine A64 LTS V1.2 to Pine64+.

Pine64+ + LCD 7 + Touch works with mainline but it is tricky to setup.

In this case i think u-boot should not have hdmi and dsi enabled and only when kernel is up and in control you will see the login prompt on the LCD.