i've problem booting Armbian from SD.

Tried to do workaround:

1. boot linaro from SD

2. put tar Armbian Jessie archive to /armbian folder

3. bind /dev, /sys, /proc

4. chroot  in  armbian folder

5. changed nand1 and nand2 to the nanda and nandb in script

6. started nand-sata-install.sh

7. it installed system on nand. Process finished smoothly. unchrooted. Powered CT off.

After power it on have a green LED lighting. CT not booting.

Gents, please any ideas? What i missed in procedure.

• [optional] Install Linaro to NAND with Phoenix tools (only once and only if 2. and 3. does not resoult in sucesfull booting)
  • Download fresh image, write and boot from SD
  • Login as root and execute nand-sata-install, follow instructions

Hi ALL,

After power it on have a green LED lighting. CT not booting.

Gents, please any ideas? What i missed in procedure.

Hi,

Possibly the boot0 and boot1 files in NAND are incorrect. Installing Linaro (or something similar) with Phoenixsuit should replace these files with the ones required to boot Linux kernels.

An alternative is to run the bootfix program from https://github.com/phelum/CT_NandBoot. This runs on a host machine (e.g. another CT or a PC) and loads the correct boot0 and boot1 files. This update doesn't affect the NAND partitions so if you've already loaded them then the CT should start automatically after the update.

Cheers,

Steven

loaded new Armbian image to SD, tried to boot.

looks CT does not see boot partition on SD. Tried to boot ftom network.

I hit this recently when I had a new u-boot-sunxi-with-spl.bin and my boot volume didn't have boot.scr. If you're seeing an attempt to load from the network then I think your u-boot is being found and run (because it is u-boot that tries to load from the network). Do you have /boot.scr or /boot/boot.scr in the first volume on your SD card ?

Cheers,

Steven

it was problem with filesystem, fixed. Now it's booting.

How can i change monitor mode? My monitor support 1280*1024. If i edit boot.scr system stop booting, error say that CRC changed.

What about if you set some lower resolution? I am not sure 1280*1024 is supported. Furthermore problems might occur on some HDMI2VGA adapters if you use one.

One thing is not clear ... HDMI out is predefined. If you are attaching monitor to VGA connector, you won't see anything without altering board configuration.

One thing is not clear ... HDMI out is predefined. If you are attaching monitor to VGA connector, you won't see anything without altering board configuration.

on VGA connector, I see only initial boot screen. Then only black screen, looks it redirect output to HDMI.

Yes, everything works as expected and things has changed from old versions. There is auto detection for HDMI / VGA in u-boot while (legacy) kernel can't handle that ... Most people use HDMI so all configuration, where there is no auto, is set to HDMI. 

If you need VGA in Legacy kernel, you need to edit board configuration (/boot/bin/cubietruck.bin) and switch to VGA, for Vanilla kernel is little more complex ... but don't recall how exactly. It's also possible that it works auto.

If you already installed system to NAND, than do this in script.bin at first nand partition. You need to convert to bin2fex script.bin scriopt.fex, edit and back with bin2fex.

Edit: We also wrote a documentation.

https://github.com/igorpecovnik/lib/blob/master/documentation/Enabling_hardware_features.md

Edited by Igor
link to docs