armbian + nanopi duo2 + citadel -> cant instal

Rodrigo

Hello every body,

I need some help, I can't install Citadel mail server on my Nanopi duo2 board. Previously i try to install ISPconfig mail server on default armbian-config but not work, then i try Citadel because I already have a little familiarity with this program. After write IOS on mem card and updade/upgrade command I followed the guidelines of the Citadel website which is to execute the following commands: "curl http://easyinstall.citadel.org/install | bash", but after downloading and starting the installation, many error messages appear due to lack of space. Below is some information from my system:

IOS version: Armbian_20.05.4_Nanopiduo2_focal_current_5.4.45.img.xz write in a 16Gbytes microSD (13% for IOS and about 7GB free);

Board: NanoPi Duo2 512Mbytes RAM (usage of 21%);

CPU: Allwinner H3, Quad-core Cortex-A7 Up to 1.2GHz;

Citadel guidelines:http://www.citadel.org/easyinstall.html.

Then I made some attempts using the binary package already compiled through the command "apt-get install citadel-mta citadel-suite -y" available on some sites with Citadel tutorial, in this case it appears to install correctly but in the end it doesn't start a server. (If there are mistakes in my English, forgive-me because English is not my native language).

Hello!

18 hours ago, Rodrigo said:

Previously i try to install ISPconfig mail server on default armbian-config but not work

It will certainly install and work on Ubuntu Bionic version (I am using ISPConfig for many relatively easy to deploy services), while Focal install was never tested. If you want to run extremely complicated things on a bleeding - buggy - edge (Ubuntu 20.04), you have to pay the price  ... and try to understand why it doesn't install. And fix things. Then it is nice to return that know-how to the script you were trying to use as a magic shortcut, that others will benefit from this ...

Also check this:
https://docs.armbian.com/#what-is-armbian

Armbian is the same as Debian or Ubuntu. If some software doesn't install its 99% probability you are doing something wrong - not paying attention to the manual of the software you are trying to install or the software you are installing have some problems. Which means you are asking for help at the wrong place. We don't know nothing about Citadel nor ISPconfig.

Dear Igor,
Thanks for trying to help, I know I made little information available for a new problem, when I wrote it I thought someone had already gone through it and was just going to send the link with a solution but with the research on the network I understood that I was in an area still not explored. I'm gathering more information to add to this forum if I think it's an operating system problem, or i still write in the Citadel forum if I think it's his problem. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong because there were a few steps I followed, it was just the installation of the operating system on the memcard, followed by the update / upgrade commands and then the installation of Citadel, as I did in version 16.04

Dear Igor,
Thanks for trying to help, I know I made little information available for a new problem, when I wrote it I thought someone had already gone through it and was just going to send the link with a solution but with the research on the network I understood that I was in an area still not explored. I'm gathering more information to add to this forum if I think it's an operating system problem, or i still write in the Citadel forum if I think it's his problem. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong because there were a few steps I followed, it was just the installation of the operating system on the memcard, followed by the update / upgrade commands and then the installation of Citadel, as I did in version 16.04

On first attempt a followed this steps:
1º-I install Armbian_20.05.4_Nanopiduo2_focal_current_5.4.45.img.xz on a memcard with 4Gb (using 25% of space) for system and 4Gb for data (100%free);
2º-I run Update/Upgrade command;
3º-I run: "apt-get install citadel-mta citadel-suite -y" for install Citadel;
4º-I reestart de citadel with command: "service citadel restart". I tinhk it is necessary;
5º-I get de status:
root@nanopiduo2:~# service citadel status
● citadel.service - LSB: control citadel server start at boot time
     Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/citadel; generated)
     Active: active (exited) since Sat 2020-08-01 14:27:48 -03; 13min ago
       Docs: man:systemd-sysv-generator(8)
    Process: 5876 ExecStart=/etc/init.d/citadel start (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

Aug 01 14:27:48 nanopiduo2 systemd[1]: Starting LSB: control citadel server stat at boot time...
Aug 01 14:27:48 nanopiduo2 systemd[1]: Started LSB: control citadel server start at boot time.
Aug 01 14:27:48 nanopiduo2 citserver[5882]: db: cursor still in progress on cdb 00: attempt to write during r/o cursor

On the second attempt I used the script to compile the source code:
1º - I run the command for install dependencies for compille: "sudo apt install build-essential curl g++ gettext shared-mime-info libssl-dev zlib1g-dev";
2º - I run the command for get and compile de source code: "curl http://easyinstall.citadel.org/install | sudo bash";
During this step the compiler shows some warnings of unused functions without interrupting, then there comes a time when the installation of the 43Mb Berkeley DB begins (there is more than enough space for that), so many similar error messages appear. I put below:
tar: db-6.2.32.NC/dist/aclocal/options.m4: Cannot write: No space left on device
tar: db-6.2.32.NC/dist/aclocal/clock.m4: Cannot write: No space left on device
tar: db-6.2.32.NC/dist/aclocal/tcl.m4: Cannot write: No space left on device
tar: db-6.2.32.NC/dist/aclocal/ltsugar.m4: Cannot write: No space left on device
tar: db-6.2.32.NC/dist/configure.ac: Cannot write: No space left on device
tar: db-6.2.32.NC/dist/s_csharp_swig: Cannot write: No space left on device
tar: db-6.2.32.NC/dist/s_symlink: Cannot write: No space left on device
tar: db-6.2.32.NC/dist/events.in: Cannot write: No space left on device
tar: db-6.2.32.NC/dist/buildpkg: Cannot write: No space left on device
tar: db-6.2.32.NC/dist/s_crypto: Cannot write: No space left on device
tar: db-6.2.32.NC/dist/configure: Cannot write: No space left on device
tar: db-6.2.32.NC/dist/s_csharp_doc: Cannot write: No space left on device
tar: db-6.2.32.NC/dist/wince_config.in: Cannot write: No space left on device
tar: db-6.2.32.NC/dist/configure.orig: Cannot write: No space left on device
tar: db-6.2.32.NC/dist/vx_config.in: Cannot write: No space left on device
tar: db-6.2.32.NC/dist/gen_inc.awk: Cannot write: No space left on device
tar: db-6.2.32.NC/dist/s_javadoc: Cannot write: No space left on device
tar: db-6.2.32.NC/dist/s_csharp: Cannot write: No space left on device
tar: db-6.2.32.NC/dist/db_provider.d: Cannot write: No space left on device
tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors
 Citadel Easy Install is aborting.
 The last few lines above this message may indicate what went wrong.
 Linux Debian bullseye/sid( 5.4.45-sunxi armv7l)

So the problem is apparently happening both on the first try (look at citserver[5882]) and the second try on the database.
I started researching on the web and it seems that there are many people with problems in this Berkley DB but I still haven't seen that someone has found a solution, and the discussion posts have been around for a year.

I think I'll have to wait for Oracle to create a compatible version of Berkeley or if someone have a working version and reply this topic.

3 hours ago, Rodrigo said:

I think it's an operating system problem

Its almost certainly not.

Armbian_20.05.4_Nanopiduo2_focal_current_5.4.45.img.xz

Focal = Ubuntu 20.04 user land. It might work but you are asking for troubles. Safer start is with Bionic / Buster, but still you need to follow their instructions. If their fancy auto install doesn't work, I am sure there must be manual step by step. If we would start to stick nose in such problems, we would not be able to give you opportunity to use this hardware on the level you want to use it.

there is more than enough space for that

(compiling on) 512 Mb memory, 4Gb SD card and Ubuntu Focal ... you are walking on the extreme edge with everything. Perhaps that would be the general problem no. 1?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.