Amlogic forum adjustments

Go to solution Solved by Werner,

I agree. The way it is now isn't optimal.
4 x Allwinner with SoCs that aren't that far apart from each other.

We could make Allwinner 1 mainthread with in there the subdivision of all the boards.
The same for Rockchip, Amlogic NXP and Armada. And maybe Samsung too for the NanoPC T3+, NEO3, XU4...

It's a detail in the working of the forum. But it would look better.

OK. Let's join others ideas too and think about? 

- creating / updating tags? Per each forum.

- join some forums? There is no clear distinguish between general purpose forums.

- ping moderators, remove unresponsive ones?

Then we make changes in one go.

- Move RK3399 to Bugtracker since we have boards that are "supported" already (Orange Pi 4 for example).

- We COULD merge some stuff but I wont do it because as it is right now it is divied by board family (for example: A20, H2+H3 are sunxi while H5/A64 and H6 are sunxi64).

- Remove "board does not start" forums entirely since those issues could also be posted in the equivalent board family subforums within "Bug tracker"?

-- As from SEO perspective could also be made read-only with the hint to write further issues into the forums described above

- Merge common issues and peer to peer technical support?

On 8/2/2020 at 4:08 PM, NicoD said:

We could make Allwinner 1 mainthread with in there the subdivision of all the boards.

Isn`t this just a different way of sorting it, but basically the same as it is right now?

9 hours ago, Werner said:

Remove "board does not start" forums

This is some sort of 'garbage collector'  and is there to keep to standard Forum clean.

11 hours ago, Igor said:

ping moderators

some haven`t logged in for months: https://forum.armbian.com/members/2-moderators/

9 minutes ago, Tido said:

Isn`t this just a different way of sorting it, but basically the same as it is right now?

On 8/2/2020 at 4:08 PM, NicoD said:

It's a detail in the working of the forum. But it would look better.

On 8/2/2020 at 6:39 AM, Werner said:

For the Amlogic S905(x) forums add S912 and S922 to it?

Done. Now moving topics (with link leaving there) to this forum is needed. In case someone finds time, otherwise I'll do it later.

On 8/3/2020 at 7:11 AM, Werner said:

A20, H2+H3 are sunxi while H5/A64 and H6 are sunxi64

Readability is also a matter, not just logical mixing. Here perhaps simply merging H6 into H5/A64 won't be that bad and its even logical.

On 8/3/2020 at 5:02 PM, Tido said:

This is some sort of 'garbage collector'  and is there to keep to standard Forum clean.

Agree. That should stay as is. It should be there for "urgent, stupid things or combination of both with a bad luck. Most boards doesn't start due to bad powering and that will not just go away. But we can add a restriction that post have to be approve by moderator in any case ... ?

On 8/3/2020 at 7:11 AM, Werner said:

Merge common issues and peer to peer technical support?

Yeah.

4 hours ago, Igor said:

But we can add a restriction that post have to be approve by moderator in any case ... ?

Huhh, why? Everybody who has a problem getting started should have a chance to write.

So since the release is out we should catch up here.

Open topics are what I found so far:

- Merge common issues and peer to peer technical support

- Merge H5/A64 and H6 to complete sunxi64 family (?)

- creating / updating tags? Per each forum. Done for bugtracker. Other forums need individual attention

- ping moderators, remove unresponsive ones?

Aight. Since I now had a chance to get kind a overview I suggest to do the following with the tags/prefixes

• Disallow the use of tags in the bug tracker forums since there is no real use for them. Information like mainline and so on is included in the armbianmonitor output which is mandatory anyways.
  • Allow "help" and "solved" as possible prefixes for topics only where "help" is the default and enforced prefix for new topics. Moderators and the users themselves are allowed to change that if appropriate.
  • This has been implemented in the Allwinner A20 forums only for now for testing purpose.

(Note to myself: Add saved action to flip prefix to solved if possible)

grafik.png.0e7ff1021094cdb9a62c1128473ad661.pnggrafik.png.ff700a7dfbe8a2a662fbe54a79f5f913.png

Are we talking about the same thing? :o

18 hours ago, Werner said:

Aight. Since I now had a chance to get kind a overview I suggest to do the following with the tags/prefixes

• Disallow the use of tags in the bug tracker forums since there is no real use for them. Information like mainline and so on is included in the armbianmonitor output which is mandatory anyways.
  • Allow "help" and "solved" as possible prefixes for topics only where "help" is the default and enforced prefix for new topics. Moderators and the users themselves are allowed to change that if appropriate.
  • This has been implemented in the Allwinner A20 forums only for now for testing purpose.

(Note to myself: Add saved action to flip prefix to solved if possible)

@Igor@lanefu would be nice to get your opinion (or simply yes or no) to this so I can push this further!

The development or the problems they face should be more or less the same... I guess.  @martinayotte  and @Igor  do you see mayor differences in like temp-sensor, DVFS and such?

64-bit

Allwinner A64 (sun50i)  4 x Cortex-A53 CPU-core

Allwinner H5   (sun50i)  4 x Cortex-A53 CPU-core

Allwinner H6   (sun50i)  4 x Cortex-A53 CPU-core

Source: https://linux-sunxi.org/Allwinner_SoC_Family#.22A.22-Series

Allwinner A64, H5 and H6 (sunxi64)

I am just wondering, why sunxi64  and not  sun50i?

Last but not least why is such an extension not on the H2 & H3 and A20?

hmm, and the Amlogic is missing  Meson?

Important Information

Terms of Use - Privacy Policy - Guidelines