High quality barrel plug connector

Werner

I have several cheap USB to barrel plug (to fit OrangePis, 4.0 x 1.7) adapters here and some seem to start failing.

o cut a long story short, does anybody have recommendations on what product to buy to get such a cable with better quality?

I always use a short barrel adapter cable to convert to a standard sized barrel plug (5.5mm x 2.1mm). I would throw these short cables away if when they wear out. It would also save wear and tear on the board connector.

5 hours ago, Werner said:

barrel plug (to fit OrangePis, 4.0 x 1.7)

I soldered these to my PowerSupply, you could as well solder it to an USB-Connector... DC Power Plug Male Connector 4.0x1.7mm Male Socket With Cord Cable,DC pigtail 4.0/1.7mm /Free shipping/10PCS

US $6.64 / lot (10 pieces)  https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1927392841.html

I didn't test them on "how many cycles" they last, but I like the sealed barrel. To solder the barrel was always the weak spot to me.

21 hours ago, Werner said:

I have several cheap USB to barrel plug (to fit OrangePis, 4.0 x 1.7) adapters here and some seem to start failing.

o cut a long story short, does anybody have recommendations on what product to buy to get such a cable with better quality?

Check conrad.de, they usually provide higher quality components

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.