Orange Pi One H3/gc2035 Camera

DeterminedOpier

Armbianmonitor:

Hi team.  I am having a difficult time getting the standard Opi CSI camera to work on the newest mainline Armbian.  I don't have the ability to use a legacy version because it is coupled with a preconfigured Octopi, thanks to @ldiaz.  He says that Octopi will work with the camera once the system works with the camera, and I have not been able to get it to work. There are at least a dozen threads here about that camera, but most are dated. And the ones that aren't seem to talk more about performance, and they assume that your camera is working.  I also saw one about overlays, which I have no idea how to deal with, or even what they are. Something tells me it just isn't this hard and that there must be some kind of way to deal with this easily, or it just isn't supported right now in this version and that's that. Either is fine. I'm old, and my brain hurts. Thanks in advance. 

which I have no idea how to deal with, or even what they are

Well, then I suggest to start learning since these boards - and even though Armbian makes it easy enough to get started - are still development boards.

There are no drivers for gc2035 in mainline available and the support for stoneage kernel version 3.4.x and 3.10 has been dropped due to lacking upstream support.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.