Happy little server needs backing up

j___r

Ok, since moving from lighttpd to apache I have managed to get everything configured and working happily on my little server (Odroid HC1)

So, I'd like to back up the sata drive that contains the root file system and the user data.

I'm looking for advice on the best way of doing this? It will be backed up initially to another USB external 2.5" drive, then perhaps just the user data to a cloud service (not sure yet).

Also, I should probably back up the microSD card to right?

Ideally, along with protecting my user data I am aiming to be able to get the server back up and running in the case that I do something wrong with a future update or install or configuration change and save myself from having to start over.

Jon

On my Macs I am used to creating a clone of my drives. So I back up everything

Is this method possible for the sata drive in the Odroid HC1? If I cloned the drive could I swap between them without noticing functional difference (or would things like the drive's UUID be different)?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.