OFFLINE_WORK issue?

I've noticed that in order to be able to build offline,  I need not only to specify OFFLINE_WORK=yes  as per this documentation:

OFFLINE_WORK ( yes | no ): skip downloading and updating sources as well as time and host check. Set to “yes” and you can collect packages without accessing the internet

but also IGNORE_UPDATES=yes. 

Probably because of this is main.sh:

# ignore updates help on building all images - for internal purposes
if [[ $IGNORE_UPDATES != yes ]]; then
display_alert "Downloading sources" "" "info"

I don't see here in main.sh where is is checking for build-all.....  so it seems that unless i specify IGNORE_UPDATES=yes, the system still downloads  sources.    

No big problem,  but I thought someone more familiar with how the scripts are supposed to work could look into it....

5 hours ago, belfastraven said:

# ignore updates help on building all images - for internal purposes

Ignore IGNORE_UPDATES ;) This is only used internally. And I think its a deprecated function anyway.

Thanks for your response.

I thought it that was so,  but then, perhaps that test for it should be removed from main.sh.  ?   Otherwise,   the build system will go ahead and download the sources anyway,  even though it had said previously it would not., so the user documentation doesn't match what is happening.     (this is not theoretical--it happened to me--twice before I figured out what was happening--:-) )

If you are using BUILD_ALL,  what would now be considered the proper way to avoid having sources downloaded?..  If everyone who builds anything is just supposed to use OFFLINE_WORK,   I could try making the change in main.sh (pull request) ,  but as you know,  I am not very good with shell scripts ,  and the build system isn't simple.  

Important Information

Terms of Use - Privacy Policy - Guidelines