The os image for orange pi 3 changed to Z28 pro image

markonjak

So recently i noticed that the os image that i am running on my orange pi 3 is for Z28 pro, that's a tv box, when i firstly booted this board i booted it in an image made for orange pi3 and in the cli when i booted it it said running debian buster based armbian for orange pi 3, i have no idea how it switched to Z28 pro image, i don't even know where to find this image, i didn't modify any of the system files, i just set a nextcloud server, is this normal or not?

Annotation 2020-08-24 225827.jpg

8 hours ago, markonjak said:

is this normal or not?

Not normal. Can you explain detail procedure how you get there - we have to recreate and fully understand why this is happening to be able to fix it.

... and provide logs with

armbianmonitor -u

It might be clear already out of that.

The opi 3 is lagging while doing nothing and randomly freezing then losing connection to vnc, for a few seconds then reconnecting, armbian monitor -u doesnt show the link, used armbianmonitor -U but i don't know if i copied everything, because it wouldn't let me go up the terminal more, how i got here huh, honestly i don't know, i didn't modify any system files, just installed tightvncserver, edited it xstartup file, then installed nload, mariadb, apache2, mysql, php, and downloaded and extracted nextcloud and then edited user.ini and php.ini files, btw are you from slovenia, because you have a slovenian name, i'm from koper :)

Annotation 2020-08-25 204131.jpg

log

No worries

30685    BOARD=z28pro
 30686    BOARD_NAME="Z28 PRO"
 30687    BOARDFAMILY=rockchip64
 30688    BUILD_REPOSITORY_URL=https://github.com/armbian/build
 30689    BUILD_REPOSITORY_COMMIT=31b56af4-dirty
 30690    VERSION=5.90

grafik.png.056f3750536e5b2e270e824eb49eaab1.png

Anyway, this is quite some output, will take a bit more to dig through...

Edit: At line 12625  this Z28 thing occuring the first time.

Edit2: Any chance that you could dig your dpkg.log for stuff that happened before Sat 15 Aug 2020 07:49:32 PM CEST?

No, i didn't, but i remember that i was following a guide for installing nextcloud and i added a repository, i think it was for php named ondrej something, but then nextcloud didn't work and i got an error when i tried to update, so i manually removed ondrej repository, but i don't recalling removing any of the official loaded repositories

Oh ok, but weird how it works, when the image is made for z28?, thanks for the help and it's cool that armbian vas made by slovenians, btw how do you even make these images/os when a new board comes out, do you adjust the stock debian or ubuntu images for the hardware on the board, how much time do you spend making an image then testing and optimizing?

9 hours ago, markonjak said:

Oh ok, but weird how it works, when the image is made for z28?

This is a result of some package relations anomaly, broken package ... not completely sure. If we don't know why it occurred its difficult to cure. But its fixable :) 

do you adjust the stock debian or ubuntu images

No. We don't touch those images at all. We build images with the same packages relations which is why image is compatible.

https://wiki.debian.org/Debootstrap

https://github.com/armbian/build/blob/master/lib/debootstrap.sh#L140 + other scripts to make a final build

how much time do you spend making an image then testing and optimizing?

A lot. Every day. But at least testing is getting more and more automatised.

you and your team must know a lot about hardware and programming

Yes, we are deep into this, most of people are highly experienced, working or worked in embedded development, hardware design or similar.

made by slovenians

I can only claim starting it, being the ass who is pushing things around, while people involved in making it are from all over. We are also inter-dependent from larger Linux community. Not so much with Debian or other distributions. They are mainly focused to user space