eMMC backup

xwalter

Hi all,

I'm hoping to backup an Orange Pi Plus 2E eMMC to an img file for the manufacturer to write to eMMC for a bulk order.

It looks like this post is the most recent regarding backup of eMMC to SD / img file. Is this still the recommended method?

Thanks!

Hi,

Having successfully installed and configured Armbian on my Orangepiåplus2e, I just installed armbian next (5.34.171020 | armhf | armv7l | 4.13.8-sunxi) to sd card and booted from there

Then  downloaded the script from

http://forum.armbian.com/index.php/topic/1070-install-to-emmc/?p=11374

installed p7zip and tried to run the script,

but it looks like all the dialog "--" options are failing with command not found.  Eg:

./backup_to_sd.sh: line 228: --gauge: command not found

I checked that doalog is installed in the latest version.  Google is noth throwing up anythingb useful.

I can do an ordinary dd if=/dev/mmcblk1 | gzip > ./image.gz

but wondering why dialog is not working in the script.

System info at:

http://sprunge.us/faZC

BR.

--Marius--

5 minutes ago, Learnincurve said:

./backup_to_sd.sh: line 228: --gauge: command not found

The script is malformed in the forum post. As soon as you remove the empty lines / doubled linebreaks (most probably a copy&paste failure comping from Windows where CRLF is used?) it should work. Maybe @nopnop2002 can fix his post (since removing all empty lines ruins formatting)

3 hours ago, tkaiser said:

The script is malformed in the forum post. As soon as you remove the empty lines / doubled linebreaks (most probably a copy&paste failure comping from Windows where CRLF is used?) it should work. Maybe @nopnop2002 can fix his post (since removing all empty lines ruins formatting)

I fixed my post.

Preparing such copy/paste instruction is a nightmare :( You need to be in /mnt/boot/ and there you run mkimage without a path.
Dear,
Again thanks for you kind guidance to solve this problem,
One question,
What do you suggest to take whole emmc backed up?
Please guide.
Thanks in adv.

Sent from my AO5510 using Tapatalk