USBImager Write Error on Mac Catalina

bowsboy

I am new to armbian and get to know the USBImager app via this tutorial: https://docs.armbian.com/User-Guide_Getting-Started

So I downloaded the zip file from Gitlab, unpack the file and run the app. First, I got an error saying the developer is not verified and managed to bypass it. When the app is opened, and load the image file and select my sd card, another error comes out when clicking Write button, saying An error occurred while opening the device.

My Mac is running macOS Catalina 10.15.5

usbimager.png

On 8/28/2020 at 5:57 PM, bowsboy said:

So I downloaded the zip file from Gitlab, unpack the file and run the app. First, I got an error saying the developer is not verified and managed to bypass it. When the app is opened, and load the image file and select my sd card, another error comes out when clicking Write button, saying An error occurred while opening the device.

If the SD card has no defects, I suggest you use UUByte DMG Editor to do that again.

37 minutes ago, Goliee said:

, I suggest you try

hmm, UUByte DMG Editor, does this software verify the flash process bit for bit, like USBimager does?

Defects, good point. There is a section in the Documentation how to check the SDcard for proper function.

// sent from mobile phone //

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.