Moderating question

DevShanky

27 minutes ago, sgrayban said:

Apparently no one knows how to either 1)fix this to work or 2)is to lazy to help any of us with the same problem if they have already fixed it.

But it's not just the DTB file we need but the kernel mod also.

Strangely I am unable to view my message on this forum now. 

3 minutes ago, Werner said:

@balbes150 deleted a posting about half an hour ago. Cannot see if it was a message from you though. If so I am pretty confident he can answer :).

As for now I am going to split here since these messages have nothing to do with the actual topic.

@DevShanky @sgrayban

It was a normal technical discussion on dtb support for a S905X3 device. What can I say!

Just now, DevShanky said:

It was a normal technical discussion on dtb support for a S905X3 device. What can I say!

As stated I do not know the reason. Please have some patients for now until balbes had a chance to look into.

49 minutes ago, Werner said:

deleted a posting about half an hour ago. Cannot see if it was a message from you though. If so I am pretty confident he can answer

Yes, I will answer, I delete all messages that mention pirated systems.

46 minutes ago, sgrayban said:

Can you repost and see if it gets deleted again?

You don't have to try to do this, it will be deleted.

1 hour ago, balbes150 said:

Yes, I will answer, I delete all messages that mention pirated systems.

You don't have to try to do this, it will be deleted.

Pirated? I am sure I am missing some thing here. It would be kind of good to be enlightened or informed here so this is not repeated unknowingly.

Thought Linux was in spirit based on GPL or MIT license. Was not aware the dtb definitions could be proprietary. I see most of them in https://github.com/torvalds/linux/tree/master/arch/arm64/boot/dts/amlogic

May be I am truly missing something!

-R

47 minutes ago, DevShanky said:

May be I am truly missing something!

I think it's @balbes150 that is missing something.
He doesn't have a S905X3 so doesn't support it. There are seperate threads for this model.

We should look into Balbes getting a S905X3 so he would be able/willing to support it.

@balbes150 you may have one next week if you want so, it is a good SoC. Tho I don't like that sd isn't priority and it doesn't have gigabit ethernet.
At least it works at 1.9Ghz without overheating much.

35 minutes ago, NicoD said:

We should look into Balbes getting a S905X3 so he would be able/willing to support it.

This has been discussed many times in different threads.  @balbes150 has chosen not to support this (and likely future Amlogic) chips due to the fact that Amlogic doesn't provide support and access to source code for their chips to the community.  He finds that his limited time is better spent on cpus from manufacturers that are more willing to work with the community.  It is his decision on how he contributes his time as a volunteer.  Anyone else is more than welcome to pick up the ball and volunteer to better support the s905x3.

I will also say that balbes150 also does take offense when being called lazy when he doesn't work on some particular user's issue, as was insinuated in a recent post that was deleted.  (I'm not sure that post was the one being mentioned in this thread, but it was a post in the x905x3 thread that I read earlier today that is now no longer there).

2 minutes ago, SteeMan said:

I will also say that balbes150 also does take offense when being called lazy when he doesn't work on some particular user's issue, as was insinuated in a recent post that was deleted.  (I'm not sure that post was the one being mentioned in this thread, but it was a post in the x905x3 thread that I read earlier today that is now no longer there).

I need to correct my last statement, as the post I was referring to was not deleted: "is to lazy to help any of us with the same problem ".  But I will still say that balbes150 is offended by language like this.

Everyone needs to realize that Armbian on Android TV boxes (especially balbes150's builds) are not supported by the Armbian project.  And particularly the s905x3 cpu isn't supported by even balbes150.  Posting in these forums demands for support or calling others lazy for not providing support isn't in the spirit of the armbian community.  We all wish there was better support of mainline linux on all of these boxes, but without active support by the device manufacturers that isn't a reality.  The volunteers here do the best they can (and they do some amazing things when you think about it).

23 minutes ago, SteeMan said:

that balbes150 also does take offense when being called lazy

The one saying this is the dumbest person on earth. If he is lazy then I'm santa :)

6 minutes ago, usual user said:

English is probably not balbes150 native language and he is using a translator.

Indeed, since our Russian isn't good enough. 

You can use any system, this is your own business, but I delete all messages where links are given or elements are discussed (what and how it works etc) on corelec. I have good reasons for this, but I won't explain anything to anyone. If you are not satisfied with this, you not use ArmbianTV.

p/s/ I think this discussion can be closed.

10 hours ago, SteeMan said:

I will also say that balbes150 also does take offense when being called lazy

I'm new here and I haven't spent the hours here like others have to see that @balbes150 has already said in some post here of the thousands posted to know he won't support the x905x3 SoC. That being said I am more then willing to take a fair stab at helping on getting proper support for it. I am no newbie at coding and anyone is more then welcome to google my name to just see my background in code languages, Scott Grayban.

Is there a common thread to help newcomers to the android compiling kernel modules here?

5 hours ago, sgrayban said:

Is there a common thread to help newcomers to the android compiling kernel modules here?

I have my doubts since Armbian does not deal with Android at all. Maybe you can find an older thread using search but nothing especially dedicated to that AFAIK.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.