custom .config

dolphs

Hi,

I am trying to find a quicker way of customising my .config for eg orangepioneplus board as I do not require Bluetooth, WIFI etc. etc.

So tried to put a config file ( KERNEL_CONFIGURE=yes | BRANCH=dev )  in one of these directories, but alas

/home/armbian/userpatches

and

/home/armbian/userpatches/kernel/sunxi-dev

Still failing after Reading these topics

- user configurations

- building armbian / Providing build configuration

- build options

So therefore can one explain ( quick tutorial ) how to achieve this, please?

I start off with  KERNEL_CONFIGUERE=yes" to store my custom .config file for this board ( sunxi-dev ).

once this file exists I like to use it instead of the default provided .config file ( KERNEL_CONFIGURE set to “no” to compile kernel without changing default or custom provided configuration ).

I do notice " Looking for user patches in [ userpatches/kernel/sunxi-dev ] " but it does not get picked up.

So best shot is user provided kernel config section, but  I still fail and as a workaround I always update (softlink) the .config file in " /home/armbian/config/kernel " but like to do it properly ;-)

TiA!

ah now it seems to work:

output.log:Displaying message: Using kernel config provided by user userpatches/linux-sunxi64-dev.config info

output.log:Displaying message: Using kernel config provided by user userpatches/linux-sunxi64-dev.config info

All the time missed the connection between the main ( predefined .configs ) at : /home/armbian/config/kernel.

Same name simply needs to be saved to /home/armbian/userpatches/ , thus not .config as I stubbornly did till now. 

Thanks @Igor and  also my sincere apologies @Werner for my attempt littering in the new section :rolleyes: 

23 minutes ago, dolphs said:

for my attempt littering in the new section

No worries. There was no hint (yet) that this section should be dedicated to this and be free of requests. Everything is good.

You can still use the information collected here to write a simple howto use userpatches folders and publish there :beer:

@Werner - I tried, hope it is worth to publish my " tutorial " post, also feel free to adjust.

Perhaps I'll add some more screenshots where to find the unnecessary network drivers ( WiFi and Blutooth ) etc etc, but guess that is just my specific scenario for the OPiOnePlus board which is being used as a wireguard/ pihole server  

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.