More video ideas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFrdyLc4g50

https://docs.armbian.com/User-Guide_Getting-Started/

Since we have now this nice quick start video I was thinking about making more videos in the future. Kind a video series "How to Armbian" which cover various topics around basic stuff.

One idea that came to my mind to cover were serial consoles since they are in most cases the best way to debug and get an idea what is actually happen "inside".

Another one was about going real quick about the different ways how to contribute (time, money, knowledge)

Ideas for now:

• How to contribute?
  • Using serial console for debugging
  • Build script for advanced users

@lanefu @NicoD

6 hours ago, Werner said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFrdyLc4g50

https://docs.armbian.com/User-Guide_Getting-Started/

Since we have now this nice quick start video I was thinking about making more videos in the future. Kind a video series "How to Armbian" which cover various topics around basic stuff.

One idea that came to my mind to cover were serial consoles since they are in most cases the best way to debug and get an idea what is actually happen "inside".

Another one was about going real quick about the different ways how to contribute (time, money, knowledge)

@lanefu @NicoD

Yeah guys that was a great video... Good instructions and great editing.

serial console video would be really good... especially since there's so many ways to do it.. screen, minimum, ttl serial adapter, gpio uart

how to contribute video would be good... also maybe highlight some specific areas where we really need help.

then maybe at some point an advanced video going over the file heirarchy of the Armbian build tools?  that's confusing and frustrating for many would-be contributors.

3 minutes ago, lanefu said:

then maybe at some point an advanced video going over the file heirarchy of the Armbian build tools?

Yeah but for that I definitely need somebody with deep knowledge that can assist in writing a proper script.

A "howto setup armbian build environment" video would also be good. Just start with installed virtualbox and go over installing Ubuntu Focal, getting the github stuff, building for some board. 

That way new users could easier activate, test, report "missing" kernel features.

3 hours ago, Heisath said:

A "howto setup armbian build environment" video would also be good. Just start with installed virtualbox and go over installing Ubuntu Focal, getting the github stuff, building for some board. 

Also available, install armbian desktop.

Install Panfrost on Armbian.

What is Armbian...

And a few more like install on TV-box.

I've plans for a video about armbian-config. Also a video for Windows users using Armbian for the first time(differences, how to install software, the filesystems,...).

The next SBC I'll review is the RockPiS. So installing headless was on the list too. Should've done it before with the NanoPi DUO2, but never got to make a video about it.
I've got data for tons of videos. But not enough time to put it all in a video. I don't have a smooth workflow. Takes me ages to film, edit, render, upload and process a video. I often wonder if it's worth my time(no it isn't, only costs me money).
I do need to fill my little spare time with something, in between all my other hobbies/jobs.

I would love it to be able to earn a bit of money with this so I could put in more time. But I don't see that happening soon. I ain't ETA-Prime(Cause I do put time into research :) ).

On 10/14/2020 at 12:37 PM, Werner said:

I started writing a script for the topic "how to contribute".

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oN2GnhN5uo57GTNSgKqeadt1Rn1pSHjfiEpIeyqG0aY/edit?usp=sharing

It is more or less finished but has still quite some rough edges. Though it is good enough to collect feedback about the covered topics.

No suggestions?

I'll be making more video's next week. Was too busy for a while. Just filmed a special (for +2000 subs) where I show all my SBCs and talk about their specs and why I bought them.
2nd time I had to film it, yesterday I messed up at the end. Had edited 10 minutes and had to give up. Today filmed it again, +1h talking. I hope it'll be fine now.

Has nothing to do with this topic, but I don't remember where I put it first. I again can't comment with Firefox in the Armbian Forum. Now using Chromium.
It sometimes happens, no clue why it's not always like that. 

@Igor May I ask some basic questions to you about the RockPiS for my next review video? I'm no master in working with server images. Mostly use desktop even when I don't use a display. 
I wonder why server doesn't automount a USB drive. Is there something that can be installed for that? I tried USBMount but that was a no go. 
With desktop images it automatically creates a network path in my Linux network. While this isn't the case with the RockPiS focal server image. Again some app that does this automatically or so?
Samba also doesn't work well. I think because my drive is fat16. I can set permissions for the folders, not for the files(my problem). 
Also would like if you know when/if BT would be working with Armbian? (just a question, not a request ;) )
Armbian does run way better than their Debian image. Their debian is throttling at 50C to 1Ghz. It performs very badly. In Armbian no such thing. Highest that I've seen without heatsink or fan is 68C. So I see no problem there.

With the RockPiS video I'll also be covering many Armbian specific things. I'm also gonna make the armbian-config video soon. That should be a quick one.
Cheers.

badforumFirefox.png

Important Information

Terms of Use - Privacy Policy - Guidelines