Update 5.15 - fixed IP gone --> solved

Bernie_O

Hi all,

yesterday I updated my system (Banana Pi) to the latest version (5.15, legacy-kernel) with

apt-get update && apt-get upgrade
After the upgrade the fixed-IP for the device was gone. It looks like the link /etc/network/interfaces has been overwritten with a new file during the upgrade - so I had to set up fixed IP again in /etc/network/interfaces like described here: http://docs.armbian.com/User-Guide_Getting-Started/#how-to-set-fixed-ip

For the future I suggest changing the the upgrade-script so that the fixed IP is not overwritten. Additionally I think it would be good to write a short note in the changelog that the setting might be gone after the upgrade to 5.15.

Cheers, Bernie_O

For the future I suggest changing the the upgrade-script so that the fixed IP is not overwritten. Additionally I think it would be good to write a short note in the changelog that the setting might be gone after the upgrade to 5.15.

It was already fixed and an update will be issued ASAP to minimize the problem. This was simple overlooked so it could not appear in the changelog. We are overloaded. Sorry.  :(