Control Freak Syndrome

Unicorn

Hello @Unicorn,

The posts you link through Archive.org are also available on the regular Armbian forum, they have not been deleted. Here it is the main one:

Your post is correct and according to the forum rules, I can see no reason for it to be deleted. If it disappeared temporarily, maybe it was because of a mistake made during some cleanup, or something alike.

We are a small community of devs and mods dealing with plenty of stuff, so these things can happen. You are welcome to contribute and help things work better. Regards.

4 hours ago, Unicorn said:

What The Heck is going on in this Forum guys??

We are moving subforum "TV boxes" under the club - URL to posts is unchanged, only forum Index is elsewhere: 

Perhaps that is the reason?

Which I thought was an open-source community?

It is. But do you know what that means? Are you sure everyone have the same perception? :) 

I strongly support the idea to not delete anything - except spam, commercial or explicit content. Even that is only moved to the hidden trashcan forum (sadly not working at this moment due to forum update incompatibilities) so others moderators can check and see if removal was justified.

I am sure there must be some missunderstanding and in that case

I Really don't want to have to do that.

As it would be fair to appologize for upsetting people that care and tries to make this forum as confortable as possible. Aint' simple.

That thread is here, but obviously not all were moved there since we have too little time and too little help from you to do that. I said I will help doing that (manually selecting which topic goes where), but I have not get there since I have to put this fire down before things exploded, then there is line of people asking for random help and all will be denied since I have my daytime duties to do and my family to deal with first. Open source my ass ...

4 часа назад, Unicorn сказал:

3 of my 4 Posts, have been Deleted without any warning,

Quote from the first message of the topic where you wrote your messages.

For all. I don't support s905x3. ..... All messages about this platform deleted. ....

1 hour ago, Unicorn said:

when yall have the TV box section figured out.

We did
https://armbian.atlassian.net/browse/AR-230

But we don't own million dollar communcation agency that will make presentation videos, make PRs regarding this change. Sorry, this is amateur project.

develop

Most of TV box things are hacking and quessing since there is no documentation and hardware is different on assemly and quality. Which is primary reason we don't want to waste time with. Development needs to have control over the hardware and development process. If you don't have that, its hacking.  Roughly.

in private

That is anyway recommended if you don't want to get insane from users support demands.  (1st hand experiences)

I see you run this place?

TV boxes are Balbes fork of Armbian. We had an idea to merge projects, we tried once but failed due complexity and we simply don't have enough resources. Some tvboxes are already integrated into the mainstream and there will probably be further integrations, since this is less expensive (for you) to maintain, but we will never provide help - on our expense. Your are welcome to help in common problems and once you get and respect this, we will have fine relationship.

We don't know you here ... perhaps you are a cool guy, perhaps you are not, perhaps you are the one better to avoid? Before you start to complain, show us something. Give something without making any drama on this forum. 

And there's No way to DM the member's you're writing to!

Make friends first, then contact them via DM. Since you are new - you probably don't have them here. DMs are disabled by default for newbies to prevent abuse and spam. To everyone, not just you. 

t took me a month & a half to debug Armbian

This is Armbian:
https://docs.armbian.com/#what-is-armbian

https://docs.armbian.com/User-Guide_Getting-Started/#how-to-check-download-authenticity

If you have troubles with Armbian forks, can't really help.

• Werner locked this topic