Board Bring Up Station P1 rk3399, M1 rk3328

balbes150

Also interesting. I have legacy on eMMC and mainline on an sd card. I am working with mainline at the moment and when I restart it boots from eMMC instead of sd card. However if I shutdown and powercycle it boots from SD again...

Another thing I noticed on mainline: if a keyboard is connected to USB3 it does not work OOB. Needs to be reconnected in order to work.

19 минут назад, Werner сказал:

Added fdtfile=rockhip/rk3399-roc-pc-mezzanine.dtb

armbiantv uses a different configuration scheme (via the extlinux.conf file), but in the original image everything is already configured for P1. Strangely, you describe the behavior (no DE startup) that is typical for SD card issues. Can you try the images from this link ? after writing the image to the sd card, you do not need to change anything.

https://yadi.sk/d/Wczf3oWLMo5n6Q?w=1

24 minutes ago, balbes150 said:

armbiantv uses a different configuration scheme (via the extlinux.conf file), but in the original image everything is already configured for P1.

I just did it because I thought it is necessary. Did not even try without editing.

Can you try the images from this link ?

Sure. Will grab Armbian_20.12_Arm-64_bullseye_current_5.10.1_desktop.img.xz from there and try without modification asap.

Edit: Yeah booted without modification. Also DE fires up but I think the reason it did not last time was that I canceled the creation of an additional user.

8 hours ago, balbes150 said:

Throw away this intel shit. use the native build on rk3399. This is faster and without any stupid Trojans in Intel x86.

I was not aware the arm build already worked. But I was building with the wrong/original build script. I had tried on N2+ a bit ago.
I do like the changes to the desktop script. Woke up today and it stopped since without of space. I cleaned up a bit and I could just continue. I don't remember that happening. 
Odroid N2+ si done with boinc for a while. Thank you for the info.

I just tried building on the N2+ but it didn't finish.

DTC     arch/arm/dts/rk3399-rock960.dtb
  DTC     arch/arm/dts/rk3399-rockpro64.dtb
  SHIPPED dts/dt.dtb
  FDTGREP dts/dt-spl.dtb
  CAT     u-boot-dtb.bin
Image Type:   Rockchip RK33 (SD/MMC) boot image
Init Data Size: 116736 bytes
/lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2: No such file or directory
[ error ] ERROR in function compile_uboot [ compilation.sh:250 ]
[ error ] U-boot file not found [ uboot.img ]
[ o.k. ] Process terminated 
nicod@odroidn2:~/build-desktop$ 

Also my build from Hirsute from RockPiX didn't boot on the P1. 
U-boot seemed ok, then

scanning usb for storage devices.... 0 Storage Device(s) found
Device 0: unknown device
failed to fine ep-gpios property
ehternet@fe3000000 Waiting for PHY auto negotiation to complete.......... TIMEOUT !
Could not initialize PHY ethernet@fe3000000
missing environment variable: bootfile
ehternet@fe3000000 Waiting for PHY auto negotiation to complete.......... TIMEOUT !
## Executing script at 00500000
Wrong image format for "source" command
SCRIPT FAILED: continuing...
=>

10 часов назад, NicoD сказал:

/lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2: No such file or directory /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2: No such file or directory

you forgot to add these libraries manually (or you need to use images where this is already done).  :)

by the way, you also have access to the arm server and you can run the build on it (there are already these libraries) and the build time will not be very large.

The Station P1 is built around the T-Firefly ROC-RK3399-PC-Plus  http://en.t-firefly.com/product/rocrk3399pc

It has PCIe on board. Also there is a rockchip-pcie-gen2.dtbo overlay available at legacy kernel. Somebody got an idea if this actually works with the expansion board?

https://www.firefly.store/goods.php?id=95

16 minutes ago, Werner said:

I had not found that. I didn't know of any PCIe hats for it. I had searched since I also noticed the PCIe gpios.
I might buy it, I like the P1 a lot. I am using a good 5Ghz wifi antenna since on-board wifi is way too slow.
NVMe hat would be great. I'll also look to improve the thermals. Just got the RockPiX to run 20C cooler passively. This must also be able to run passively cooled without throttling.

2 hours ago, Werner said:

Unfortunately they want 30$ for shipping. Kind a lot of you just get the smaller non-POE version for 19$....

That's a lot. Can't pay that for a hat. :) I could ask them for it. Might be handy to review it.

Or maybe we can make a deal with them so they send a few that we can spread across Europe to anyone who wants one but dont charge for chipping in exchange for your review or something like that....

1 minute ago, Werner said:

Or maybe we can make a deal with them so they send a few that we can spread across Europe to anyone who wants one but dont charge for chipping in exchange for your review or something like that....

I don't know if and how popular this will be. I hope it will, but I don't know. If you do the shipping no problem.
I once almost convinced my nephew to start an SBC web shop. I'd give advice and he do sales and shipping. But too bad. He got distracted :)

@Werner What if you'd ask to ship it together with your M1? I'm willing to pay for yours and mine, if you ship mine when received.
I'm not too willing on the M1. I've got a Rock64 that brought me a lot of headaches. Now the problem is found, but it was so unstable and I couldn't figure out why.(difference in ram modules)

7 minutes ago, Werner said:

What M1 you mean? I haven't ordered one. There is just this christmas giveaway that ends January.

That's what I mean, when they send that. Ask if we can pay for the hats and send them in the same package. I'll pay the hats then. Or I'll mail them and say pretty please :)

2 hours ago, NicoD said:

That's what I mean, when they send that. Ask if we can pay for the hats and send them in the same package. I'll pay the hats then. Or I'll mail them and say pretty please :)

2 hours ago, Werner said:

Haha okay. This however hypothesizes that I win (again :lol:)

In case neither of you wins this time :P...

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/20000004598102.html delivery to my country is free

21 minutes ago, NicoD said:

I hope shipping will not be too slow.

Almost all shipments from Aliexpress come to me through Liege and get here usually within 3-4 weeks - it should be sooner for you ;)

One additional factor though is Christmas time...

BTW, I have ordered one too.

16 часов назад, NicoD сказал:

I'm not too willing on the M1.

I have a minimum M1 (1 RAM 8 GB eMMC) and it works quite well. I consider it optimal for media playback and as a minimal desktop. Even now, with the main core 5.10, it works with a remote control (which is included), LAN, WiFi, analog sound and HDMI sound (it remains to solve the issue with BT). There is a working version of Buster + media script from @JMCC, it runs KODI and Gst player with 4K.  :)

More information about support can be found at this link.

http://bbs.t-firefly.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=2803&extra=page%3D1

1 hour ago, balbes150 said:

There is a working version of Buster + media script from @JMCC, it runs KODI and Gst player with 4K. 

Cool, I hadn't noticed you've got Bionic and Buster for download. I've tried Focal and Groovy now. So those I wanted. Thank you.

I haven't been able to make arm64 build work. I don't know where to find that file, done some searches but not yet found it.

On 12/17/2020 at 7:41 PM, NicoD said:

How to get that?

37 минут назад, NicoD сказал:

I haven't been able to make arm64 build work. I don't know where to find that file, done some searches but not yet found it.

What model do you want to run on ?

39 минут назад, NicoD сказал:

How to get that?

You can take these files (need two files\libraries) from your x86 host system, or from any of my images (ArmbianTV\Armbian for M1\P1). Or from my GIT (these libraries are included in all my builds, so that users can easily run the build themselves on any ARM device). by the way, the site has versions of images with these libraries for n2 and t4.  :)

https://users.armbian.com/balbes150/

5 hours ago, balbes150 said:

What model do you want to run on ?

I've been trying on the Odroid N2+.
I'll try on the P1 with your image. Thank you, I hope these files will be included in standard Armbian too.
Thanks.

@balbes150 It worked on the P1 with a Focal TV image of yours. After a few issue's because of bad wifi. It now finished an image on ARM64 and I'm delighted.
Спасибо Олег. Я так счастлив. :D
One of the next videos will be "build your Armbian image on your ARM SBC"

11 минут назад, NicoD сказал:

It now finished an image on ARM64 and I'm delighted.

By the way, I have a native build of the server image on T4 with the NVMe module takes only 70-80 minutes (this is a clean build, taking into account the download of all sources). For P1, I do not yet have a module for installing NVMe (but this is in the plans). :)

I am currently testing and debugging a native build of desktop images (XFCE \ Mate\KDE etc).

6 minutes ago, balbes150 said:

For P1, I do not yet have a module for installing NVMe (but this is in the plans).

I've also ordered the NVMe hat and a good nvme drive for it.
Time I've got, not a clean build since last night it almost finished but wifi stopped working. But still impressive. My RockPiX can't do this.

[ o.k. ] Target directory [ /home/nicod/build-desktop/output/debs/ ]
[ o.k. ] File name [ linux-image-current-rockchip64_21.02.0-trunk_arm64.deb ]
[ o.k. ] Runtime [ 42 min ]
[ o.k. ] Repeat Build Options [ ./compile.sh  BOARD=station-p1 BRANCH=current BUILD_MINIMAL=no BUILD_DESKTOP=no KERNEL_ONLY=yes KERNEL_CONFIGURE=no  ]

I do still need to test the image. I'll cross my fingers.

1 час назад, NicoD сказал:

Time I've got, not a clean build since last night it almost finished but wifi stopped working.

If  have a native build, on the one hand, significantly expand the list of possible images with different DE, with different sets of packages, and on the other hand,  no build and  place all possible versions on the site, users can build the desired version of the system with arbitrary sets of DE and packages in them. They can also build their own kernel variants with changing the necessary options in the kernel configuration. :)