Board Bring Up Station P1 rk3399, M1 rk3328

balbes150

I forgot to add, in the latest images, the DDBR utility is included. Those who have previously used ArmbianTV are familiar with it, it is a utility for creating and restoring a full backup of eMMC (for example, before installing the system in eMMC, before running updates, before making changes, etc.).

@NicoD You can check out this image 20210228-legacy ?

https://disk.yandex.ru/d/h_pMzFbuFXseOA?w=1

I added a patch from 

https://github.com/armbian/build/pull/2650#issuecomment-787198231

to it to improve 4K.

Pay attention.

Before installing the media script or updating the system , freeze the kernel update, otherwise you will get the old kernel from the network repositories (this is not the correct kernel with errors).

p. s. the image is already fixed DTB to reload.

28 минут назад, Werner сказал:

Will give it a shot in a few days too once a bunch of fresh sd cards arrive.

Tnx

1 час назад, balbes150 сказал:

Before installing the media script or updating the system , freeze the kernel update, otherwise you will get the old kernel from the network repositories (this is not the correct kernel with errors).

As it turned out, freezing the kernel will not help when installing the media script, it still has the same error - hard binding to a specific kernel. If you freeze the core, the media script forcibly replaces it with the wrong old core from the network reps  @JMCC . And you have to manually install the new kernel after installing the media script (via dpkg -i). You can download the new kernel packages here.

https://disk.yandex.ru/d/Di4DV9Jxug5NAA?w=1

I found a 4K TV (I took it away from the children for a while) :) .

I check the latest image of Buster-legacy (with a patch  https://github.com/armbian/build/pull/2650  ) with a media script on 4K. When the frequency of the display settings is 60 Hz, the screen constantly flashes\turns off, if I switch the settings to 30 Hz, everything works without problems (the resolution works 4096*2160 and 3840x2160). The temperature when playing full-screen 4K content (via GST Player), only 47-50 degrees.  :)

By the way, for some reason, the control via the remote control does not work in GSTplayer, the control works in MPV (you can adjust the sound, rewind, and the rest). In the desktop itself,  can control the remote control (select applications, launch them). Naturally, in KODI, the remote control is very convenient and controls all the functions. :)

I tried a youtube video in 4K in full screen. Chromium works, the video goes smoothly, but sometimes there are microfreezes, it is not clear whether it is because of the Internet, or something else. Firefox can't handle 4K full-screen, although the window shows everything without problems.  The temperature with Chromium does not exceed 60 degrees (full-screen 4K video).

1 час назад, Werner сказал:

bunch of fresh sd cards arrive.

by the way, you can test from USB media, all ArmbianTV images support launching from USB (the order of polling and launching USB SD eMMC systems). I.e. if you install in eMMC or connect one SD card with ArmbianTV to P1, you can test other systems from USB flash drives by simply connecting them to the USB port (if you connected a USB flash drive with the system, it will start first, if you disconnect the USB flash drive, the system will start from eMMC or SD card).

this means that you can burn any ArmbianTV image to an SD card, and then burn any system to USB flash drives (including the official versions of Armbian, ArmbianTV, Libreelec). connect SD card and USB flash drive at power-on, autostart u-boot from SD card and then he autoruns the system with the USB stick, as not affecting the OS in the eMMC or SD card.

@balbes150I'll check the new image tonight. 
I finally have filmed everything I need for the video. I had a lot of issue's with capture devices not working properly and always had to redo it. 
So I installed it 4 times. And every time it didn't boot from NVMe, but instead from sd-card. Changing extlinux with the correct uuid from NVMe works. 
I did choose the correct way, you'll see it in the video. Tomorrow I should have it finished. It'll be a long one. Review and installation all in one...

19 минут назад, NicoD сказал:

I'll check the new image tonight. 
I finally have filmed everything I need for the video. I had a lot of issue's with capture devices not working properly and always had to redo it. 
So I installed it 4 times. And every time it didn't boot from NVMe, but instead from sd-card. Changing extlinux with the correct uuid from NVMe works. 
I did choose the correct way, you'll see it in the video. Tomorrow I should have it finished. It'll be a long one. Review and installation all in one...

I don't have an extra hat with NVMe for the P1, so I can't test it right now. But when I tested the installation on NVMe, everything worked correctly, I'm not yet ready to say why it doesn't work for you.

19 часов назад, NicoD сказал:

I'll check the new image tonight. 

I did a system installation check on NVMe on Renegade Elite, the permutation of the mshlyapa takes too long and doesn't make sense to check (technically it is the same device as the P1, the difference is only in the DTB used). Downloaded the latest image of Buster is a legacy  https://disk.yandex.ru/d/h_pMzFbuFXseOA?w=1   . unpacked it. I wrote it to the SD card. Configured DTB in extlinux.conf . Started the system, performed the initial configuration of the system on the SD card. Started the installation (the third item in the menu, installing u-boot on eMMC and installing rootfs on NVMe). Selected EXT4 file systems for both devices (mmcblk and nvme). I waited until the installation was complete and turned off the device. I pulled out the SD card and turned on the power. The system started automatically with NVMe. I specifically compared the UUID in the extlinux.conf and fstab settings, they are the same, while eMMC and NMVe have different UUIDs and they are correctly specified in fstab. Compared the UUID with the SD card, it has its own (different) UUID.

Where do I look for the error ?

Please note, this is important. If you do not remove the SD card, the system must start from it, this is the correct behavior of u-boot (the startup priority, regardless of where the u-boot is located, is strictly set by the USB SD eMMC).

3 hours ago, balbes150 said:

Where do I look for the error ?

I choose the first item, start from sd-card and system on NVMe.

Every time it copies the system to NVMe, but doesn't adjust the extlinux file. 

I'm leaving Android on the eMMC for now. 
I'll now finish the video. Still a lot of work to do, but I'm halfway. 

22 минуты назад, NicoD сказал:

I choose the first item, start from sd-card and system on NVMe.

Every time it copies the system to NVMe, but doesn't adjust the extlinux file. 

I'm leaving Android on the eMMC for now. 
I'll now finish the video. Still a lot of work to do, but I'm halfway. 

I asked you many times which option (string) of the installation you choose, and there was an exact indication of which option is checked and working (eMMC+NVMe). And now you write that you used the first line of SD + NVMe, which was clearly stated - this option is not working. The SD+NVMe variant has not been developed and tested.

1 hour ago, balbes150 said:

I asked you many times which option (string) of the installation you choose, and there was an exact indication of which option is checked and working (eMMC+NVMe). And now you write that you used the first line of SD + NVMe, which was clearly stated - this option is not working. The SD+NVMe variant has not been developed and tested.

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough. I thought you knew I was using sd-card. It still works when manually changing the uuid in extlinux.conf, so no worries.

37 минут назад, NicoD сказал:

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough. I thought you knew I was using sd-card. It still works when manually changing the uuid in extlinux.conf, so no worries.

I'll add your use case (sd + nvme) to install, but you  have to check it yourself.  :)

On 2/28/2021 at 12:47 PM, balbes150 said:

I found a 4K TV (I took it away from the children for a while) :) .

Good!  Let them read some books, lest they never become as studious as their father!  :D

Hi

Anyone know where the RTL8723DU wifi driver is in the kernel, the kernel config changes needed & system binaries to make the wifi/bt work on the 5.x kernel for ROC-RK3399-PC-PLUS, Station P1?

Version 20210703 for P1 and M1.

Kernel 5.10.47 5.12.14. For the Legacy version, the work with the installation of the media package has been fixed. Due to the peculiarities of installing the media package, for proper operation during subsequent system updates, I recommend freezing the current kernel, it differs from those that arrive in network repositories (the list of supported modules and devices has been significantly expanded).

@JMCCIn all the latest versions with the Current kernel, I use the full package of patches from LE for RK (3328\3399\3288) and AW H6. I.e., this kernel has all the latest functions for HW (decoding, sound, 4K etc). It may be interesting for you to try to build test versions of the media package using the 5.x core with all the new acceleration features. If you are interested, I can create a PR for the new core. By the way, these patches work perfectly as a single core with a common configuration for all RK3399\rk3328\rk3288\h6\jetson-nano. I.e., these patches and the core configuration can be used as a single core for the entire ARM64 platform. In the logic of patches (names) I used the option that was previously discussed - the names begin with a digital index, which provides easy integration of additional patches for any platform and easy updating of patches when an update is released in the original patches of the LE build system.

1 hour ago, balbes150 said:

It may be interesting for you to try to build test versions of the media package using the 5.x core with all the new acceleration features

That seems very interesting. I already built patched Kodi packages for Debian Bullseye (available for download here), but they were not too useful without the kernel-side patches. If you can add those patches to Armbian mainline, we could give it a try.