Board Bring Up Station P1 rk3399, M1 rk3328

balbes150

14 hours ago, Winguo said:

Hey friends,

We recommend you all to boot other systems from SD card.

We will publish tutorials continuously.

Please stay tuned!

Thank you for all your support!

I can't seem to get anything to boot from the SD card.  Almost seems like it is disabled by the current Station OS installed on the P2.  Can you explain?

Thx.

5 hours ago, redjr said:

I can't seem to get anything to boot from the SD card.  Almost seems like it is disabled by the current Station OS installed on the P2.  Can you explain?

Thx.

1st. This thread is about the Station P1, not P2.

2nd. For RK3399 at least it is normal that the boot order is SPI, eMMC, SD. If there is a valid boot loader found on either SPI or eMMC it will boot from there. Armbians workaround for this is to put a bootloader in that redirects on microSD first and if that was unsuccessful to use default order. Other operating systems often don't do that.

5 hours ago, Werner said:

1st. This thread is about the Station P1, not P2.

2nd. For RK3399 at least it is normal that the boot order is SPI, eMMC, SD. If there is a valid boot loader found on either SPI or eMMC it will boot from there. Armbians workaround for this is to put a bootloader in that redirects on microSD first and if that was unsuccessful to use default order. Other operating systems often don't do that.

Noted.  I just thought I could perhaps find some useful, related information here that would make my quest a little easier.  I believe the architecture of the P1 and P2 are similar but use different ARM Rock chipset.  Perhaps Firefly will start to post more information on the Station P2,  Perhaps even a useful forum on their own site.  :)

27 minutes ago, redjr said:

I believe the architecture of the P1 and P2 are similar but use different ARM Rock chipset.

It could be very different in term of software support. Chip integrator are getting initial generic SDK (with chip from Rockchip in this case) for providing some demo software which is usually made around some old (BSP) Linux kernel fork. For RK3566/RK3568 this is made around 4.19.y which is traditionally full of dirty hacks combined with proprietary hacks and blobs. Usable mainline support (which is done by 3rd party paid staff and community) is probably a year, two away. Hard to judge and predict how long before running proper OS such as Armbian without looking very closely on the chip diff (well supported RK3399 found in P1).

05.07.2021 в 14:52, JMCC сказал:

That seems very interesting. I already built patched Kodi packages for Debian Bullseye (available for download here), but they were not too useful without the kernel-side patches. If you can add those patches to Armbian mainline, we could give it a try.

Do I understand correctly, to test your new packages,  need to build a version of Bullseye + a new kernel (with patches for LE) ?

By the way, are you planning to build new packages with the latest developments for KODI-19 ?

1 minute ago, balbes150 said:

Do I understand correctly, to test your new packages, you need to build a version of Bullseye + a new kernel (with patches for LE) ?

That is correct. I did it for AllWinner when I made the packages, but kernel development was still in a very early stage, so only 1080p H264, and not all files played well IIRC.

3 minutes ago, balbes150 said:

By the way, are you planning to build new packages with the latest developments for KODI-19 ?

Right now, I cannot take care of it, due to many new things coming along in personal life. Maybe later, I am not sure.

7 минут назад, JMCC сказал:

Right now, I cannot take care of it, due to many new things coming along in personal life. Maybe later, I am not sure.

I asked about this because I want to understand if it makes sense to support a new kernel now. If you have no plans to use it, I want to reduce the number of different cores and remove it from support (remove it from the official build system, so as not to produce unnecessary entities).  :)

2 minutes ago, balbes150 said:

I asked about this because I want to understand if it makes sense to support a new kernel now. If you have no plans to use it, I want to reduce the number of different cores and remove it from support (remove it from the official build system, so as not to produce unnecessary entities).  :)

I see. Are you talking about a legacy kernel, or mainline? In any case, I don't have intentions to make any update to the legacy kernel packages, all new work would be done in mainline.

25 минут назад, JMCC сказал:

I see. Are you talking about a legacy kernel, or mainline? In any case, I don't have intentions to make any update to the legacy kernel packages, all new work would be done in mainline.

We are talking about the kernel Station-current  (which now uses all the patches for LE).

06.09.2021 в 10:47, JMCC сказал:

That is correct. I did it for AllWinner when I made the packages, but kernel development was still in a very early stage, so only 1080p H264, and not all files played well IIRC.

Finally, I found the time and checked your version of KODI-18 for the main core. In short - all my test videos (including 4k) come with HW :) .

When playing 4k, KODI shows a load of about 11% to Station p1. Great job. Can you build and upload new versions for the main core to the network reps ? It is interesting to try the new versions of KODI-19.

32 minutes ago, balbes150 said:

Finally, I found the time and checked your version of KODI-18 for the main core. In short - all my test videos (including 4k) come with HW :) .

When playing 4k, KODI shows a load of about 11% to Station p1. Great job. Can you build and upload new versions for the main core to the network reps ? It is interesting to try the new versions of KODI-19.

Good to know. Right now I am in the process of moving to another house, but I will check when I get the chance about Kodi 19

16 минут назад, JMCC сказал:

Right now I am in the process of moving to another house, but I will check when I get the chance about Kodi 19

by the way, I tried to install your packages in Hirsute, everything was installed, but there is not enough library when trying to launch it. I think it's not difficult to solve this by building a version for Ubuntu. Then we can assume that there is full support for KODI with HW on Ubuntu and Debian for Armbian at the same time. :)

@JMCC  I checked your KODI-18 package on M1 (rk3328). Everything works fine, plays 4k video without any problems. The heating of the system is less than 50 degrees and KODI shows a load of less than 50%. Great job. It remains to add these packages to the Armbian network reps, so that users can easily install and use them.   :)

New version 20211007-edge with 5.14.9 core. All equipment works, including analog sound and remote control.

@JMCC

I checked the operation of your KODI-18 packages on this kernel, KODI starts, but there is still an error and the video does not play, maybe I forgot some kernel options or a patch. I plan to check it again in the near future.

2 часа назад, Werner сказал:

Blue LED as well?

yes

2 часа назад, Werner сказал:

Also 16:10 resolutions like 1920x1200?

the driver is responsible for this, it has nothing to do with the support of specific hardware.

I didn't check, but I saw that to add the desired screen resolution, you can add it at the user settings level.

try adding a parameter to extlinux.conf with your screen resolution

drm.edid_firmware=edid/1920x1200.bin

New version 20211017 kernel 5.10.73 and 5.14.12. A significant change is the transition to a new version of u-boot with support for running any system from USB to M1 (rk3328). Now you can run any test system from USB media. So far, only USB 2.0 is working.

Question to the user Station P\M.

Which images should preferably be placed on the official Armbian download page. I assume such a set:

stable versions 

Buster XFCE kernel-4.4

Bullseye CLI kernel current (5.15)

Bullseye DE XFCE kernel current (5.15)

Hirsute CLI kernel current (5.15)

Hirsute DE XFCE kernel current (5.15)

and one but nightly build of

Jamm with edge kernel (5.16).

As for myself I'd prefer Bullseye in both Desktop and CLI version since it is the most up to date long term supported userspace. Jammy can be good addition to that later on once released.

Not sure if legacy 4.4.y kernel is still needed.

29 минут назад, Werner сказал:

As for myself I'd prefer Bullseye in both Desktop and CLI version since it is the most up to date long term supported userspace. Jammy can be good addition to that later on once released.

Not sure if legacy 4.4.y kernel is still needed.

At the moment, so far only for Buster 4.4 there is a media package with KODI and mpv (HW)  in network repo armbian. As soon as @JMCC releases and places in our repo a new version of the media package for the 5.15 kernel (I have already checked its test build of the package for Bulsey and it works well with full HW acceleration), I want to remove the old version (4.4) from subsequent builds and I will leave the version with the 4.4 kernel only in the archive for those who urgently need it.  :)

Hi,

I'm installing Armbian 21.08 Bullseye (Linux 5.10.60-station) from https://www.armbian.com/station-m1/ on my brand new Station M1 but can't get bluetooth work :(

Packages installed :

# dpkg -l|egrep blue 
ii  bluetooth                       5.55-3.1                       all          Bluetooth support (metapackage)
ii  bluez                           5.55-3.1                       arm64        Bluetooth tools and daemons
ii  bluez-tools                     2.0~20170911.0.7cb788c-4       arm64        Set of tools to manage Bluetooth devices for linux
ii  libbluetooth-dev:arm64          5.55-3.1                       arm64        Development files for using the BlueZ Linux Bluetooth library
ii  libbluetooth3:arm64             5.55-3.1                       arm64        Library to use the BlueZ Linux Bluetooth stack

Boot messages :

# journalctl -b|egrep -i blue
Feb 18 21:19:55 station-m1 NetworkManager[1533]: <info>  [1645215595.9969] Loaded device plugin: NMBluezManager (/usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/NetworkManager/1.30.0/libnm-device-plugin-bluetooth.so)
Feb 18 21:47:48 station-m1 kernel: Bluetooth: Core ver 2.22
Feb 18 21:47:48 station-m1 kernel: Bluetooth: Starting self testing
Feb 18 21:47:48 station-m1 kernel: Bluetooth: ECDH test passed in 37915 usecs
Feb 18 21:47:48 station-m1 kernel: Bluetooth: SMP test passed in 12544 usecs
Feb 18 21:47:48 station-m1 kernel: Bluetooth: Finished self testing
Feb 18 21:47:48 station-m1 kernel: Bluetooth: HCI device and connection manager initialized
Feb 18 21:47:48 station-m1 kernel: Bluetooth: HCI socket layer initialized
Feb 18 21:47:48 station-m1 kernel: Bluetooth: L2CAP socket layer initialized
Feb 18 21:47:48 station-m1 kernel: Bluetooth: SCO socket layer initialized

Modules loaded :

root@station-m1:~# lsmod |egrep "blue|bt"
btrtl                  24576  0
btbcm                  24576  0
btintel                28672  0
bluetooth             425984  3 btrtl,btintel,btbcm
ecdh_generic           16384  1 bluetooth
rfkill                 36864  4 bluetooth,cfg80211

but :