WiFi does [not] work in Jessie.

ARMgunnaservu

ok, for some reason, i changed the code in wireless-settings.conf and connected, i rebooted to make sure it was still working

it failed the first time then worked the second time, now i see wicd keeps renewing the contents with something old,

even details of a hotspot i tried with my phone.

I have it working, I'm using it to type this.

Where is wicd getting the data from to delete any changes i make. it can't just be the current available networks,

it is putting details from a network that hasn't been active for a week.

how do i tell wicd to shutup and do what i tell it?.

disconnect, connect, FAIL.

i managed to connect manually through terminal - wpa_supplicant earlier today and it worked, once.

in other distros built ontop of 5.14 & 5.15, the built-in wifi(opipc+) does not work, however my usb dongle works fine

and with wpa.

my usb dongle does not work in 5.14>5.16.

i don't want to use it anyway.

is there a way to remove wicd completely and reinstall it without tears?.

There most likely is, but I doubt you'll get the point. Before flooding the forum with your rants, please show some respect for the hard-working Armbian team providing an excellent product.

@igor, a major if not the source of Armbian,  has given you precise instructions. Follow them and succeed.

try dpkg-reconfigure wicd (this is not tested, but should make a new config for it).

apt purge wicd will remove wicd completely. apt install wicd will install it anew.

Wicd does manipulate config without you knowing why and what.

Best would be to configure it by hand as of here:

http://forum.armbian.com/index.php/topic/1237-tutorial-opi-one-wireless-success/?hl=%2Bwifi+%2Bsuccess

good luck!