can't boot bootlogo fromd /boot/boot.bmp

Ghorban_pirizad

On 11/4/2020 at 11:28 PM, Ghorban_pirizad said:

hi

i try to load bootlogo from /boot/mmc on orange pi lite

when add bootlogo=true to armbianEnv only armbian logo show.

i check u-boot and it send an erro "Unknown command 'bmp' - try 'help'" 

i compiple u-boot and fix bmp issue but now i get 'Failed to load '/boot/boot.bmp'
There is no valid bmp file at the given address'

what's this error mean?!!

i don't change defualt bmp boot bmp file!!!!?

On 11/6/2020 at 12:31 AM, Igor said:

That is kernel boot logo, unrelated to u-boot.

thanks but now my uboot have bmp function but get the error on start u-boot what is that error mean. is the format of original /boot/boot.bmp have problem or problem is another thing.

for now how we can change kernel boot logo. is there any way to change it.

on other problem I have is I use usb-otg  of orange pi lite as default sub and use it to run HDMI LCD. but because power delay LCD resolution by kernel isn't correct and i don't see kernel-logo on center. can I set default resolution in kernel before compile it.

17 minutes ago, Ghorban_pirizad said:

thanks but now my uboot have bmp function but get the error on start u-boot what is that error mean. is the format of original /boot/boot.bmp have problem or problem is another thing.

This is not exactly an Armbian issue. I can only give you a hint (that can save you hours / days looking into the code) - BMP has different variants and depths and I think only one is supported. Worse case its a bug.

17 minutes ago, Ghorban_pirizad said:

on other problem I have is I use usb-otg  of orange pi lite as default sub and use it to run HDMI LCD.

Since this is forum and not a professional support service I suggest you to search forums in deep and if you don't find related topic to the LCD issue, open a new one and describe everything you know about, also supply all logs. It also helps dramatically if you give something back before asking for more https://forum.armbian.com/subscriptions/ https://forum.armbian.com/crowdfunding/