BTRFS support on U-Boot

m11k

Since there is a thread about adding ZFS support to the U-Boot build, I thought I'd post a similar request for btrfs.  I was looking through the helios u-boot repo a few days ago and noticed that it isn't built with btrfs support.  While I could make a separate ext4 /boot partition, it would be convenient to have the entire eMMC formatted as btrfs.  This allows for me to make easy and fast backups using btrfs send/receive, and also allows for snapshotting prior to upgrades (via e.g. snapper), and rolling back to a different snapshot at boot.

My turris onmia router uses u-boot with btrfs native root, and I've used the snapshot rollback support a couple of times.  They have a fancy snapshot selection that can be done via the reset button without a serial console, but just having the ability to select previous snapshots at the u-boot menu would be quite convenient.

I believe all that is needed is to enable CONFIG_CMD_BTRFS.  https://github.com/u-boot/u-boot/blob/832bfad7451e2e7bd23c96edff2be050905ac3f6/cmd/Kconfig#L2047

Thanks for your consideration!