HDD 3 Error LED lights up, no console output.

Protxch

So I got my Helios64 today, built it with 2 drives, a Adata SSD on the M.2 and 2 Seagates on SATA 1 and 2. But whenever I want to boot it up, the internal blue system LED lights up + System Rail power (UPS installed) with all activity LEDs and HDD error 3 instantly with no delay. There is no Console output and nothing is to be heard spinning up. When building I noticed the cable harness having the same length for connectors 2 and 3 where 3 is too short for zip tie-ing. 

Help is greatly appreciated.

Edited by Protxch

@Protxch

According to the documentation - SATA1 & the M.2 slot are mutually exclusive.

Try connecting the HDDs to SATA 2 and 3 and restart your Helios64 as @Werner mentions, check that the board boots with only the microSD card connected (No HDDs or M.2 cards connected) to rule out an SD card gone bad during the flashing procedure.

On 11/22/2020 at 11:19 AM, Protxch said:

When building I noticed the cable harness having the same length for connectors 2 and 3 where 3 is too short for zip tie-ing. 

Hmmm could be a manufacturing mistake on the harness cable. You can contact us to support@kobol.io in order to request a harness replacement.

I believe I have the same problem. Everything seems to be working fine including the HDD connected to SATA3, however the status LED next to SATA3 is red and has been from the beginning even when nothing is inserted into that slot (the disk activity next to it is fine). I did try to reconnect the harness, but it didn't help, besides, like I said the HDD works fine, so I assume it's just a faulty LED or the software that controls the LEDs, still kind of annoying though as there's still a chance that something might be wrong and I just haven't discovered what it is exactly.

@achurak The RED led issue is unrelated to the HDD harness. The issue is that the LED on front panel might be touching the metal sheet opening on the side creating a short and lighting up the LED. To fix that, just loosen the 2 screws of the front panel a bit, push back the front panel and tighten back. Another solution is to put a small piece of tape on the side of the LED to be sure not contact with the metal sheet can happen. It's something we will fix in next revision.