ft230x and fan spins

Lago

I need help with two items. 

1.  When directly connect to my windows 10 pro pc i get the following in device manager.  ft230x.  Where can I download the drivers so i can use putty to connect to the helios64.

2.  One of the fans is always spinning even when i shutdown with sudo shutdown -t now. 

Thanks

Thanks for the download link.  I thought i did not need this for windows 10.

As for the fan it constantly spins even when I used poweroff command or shutdown -t now command.  When looking at the unit from the front, it is the connector on left side in the back.  There are two as you know on the left side when looking at front of unit.  Is this a short?  It is P7 on this page https://wiki.kobol.io/helios64/hardware/

Since there are two fans, i switched them and P7 still makes the fan spin when shutoff.

Edited by Lago

i tried the following and bot fans are are stopped and neither turn on.

root@helios64:~# sudo systemctl stop fancontrol
root@helios64:~# ls -l /sys/class/hwmon/
total 0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 0 Nov 29 15:06 hwmon0 -> ../../devices/virtual/thermal/thermal_zone0/hwmon0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 0 Nov 29 15:06 hwmon1 -> ../../devices/virtual/thermal/thermal_zone1/hwmon1
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 0 Nov 29 15:06 hwmon2 -> ../../devices/platform/ff120000.i2c/i2c-2/2-004c/hwmon/hwmon2
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 0 Nov 29 15:15 hwmon3 -> ../../devices/platform/p7-fan/hwmon/hwmon3
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 0 Nov 29 15:15 hwmon4 -> ../../devices/platform/p6-fan/hwmon/hwmon4
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 0 Nov 29 15:15 hwmon5 -> ../../devices/platform/gpio-charger/power_supply/gpio-charger/hwmon5
root@helios64:~# echo 100 > /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon3/pwm1
root@helios64:~# echo 100 > /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon4/pwm1
root@helios64:~# cat /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon3/pwm1
root@helios64:~# cat /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon4/pwm1

I used value of 0, 100 and 255 in the echo statement.  am I missing a command or is my fan controllers on the board not working?

That is strange. First it won't stop after shutdown, then now it won't run at all.

On 11/30/2020 at 7:39 AM, Lago said:

i tried the following and bot fans are are stopped and neither turn on.

when it stopped? after running sudo systemctl stop fancontrol ? or since power on?