OrangePi Zero2 - Allwinner H616

Werner

44 minutes ago, krachlatte said:

i will try to check which images is running tomorrow,

i recommend using focal and if possible 5.xx kernel

I tried Focal with 5.xx Kernel, but doesn't boot. This problem only happens when I update the packages.

30 minutes ago, DvoraNoob said:

Saya mencoba Focal dengan Kernel 5.xx, tetapi tidak bisa boot. Masalah ini hanya terjadi ketika saya memperbarui paket.

if you find the 5.xx kernel is running well may i have the firmware backup....i really need it...thank you

mainline kernel never really worked, last but not least because we have nobody to take a look into. This is why we were going the easy route and implemented (old) vendor kernel to get it working somehow at least and even that is not really nice...

6 hours ago, Werner said:

mainline kernel never really worked, last but not least because we have nobody to take a look into. This is why we were going the easy route and implemented (old) vendor kernel to get it working somehow at least and even that is not really nice...

But here legacy kernel doesn't work well,I'm try update focal sometimes without success, and the bullseye update normally, but doesn't install OctoPi neither Docker.

On 4/11/2022 at 9:47 PM, DvoraNoob said:

https://www.armbian.com/orange-pi-zero-2/

Focal Legacy doesn't update here.
Bullseyes Legacy doesn't install Docker.

I want to use Klipper.

I'm very new on Linux universe.

image.png

Did you succeed to establish a connection with Klipper? I bought this orange pi for the same use but never succeeded: "no connection to printer".

10 hours ago, Aquilae said:

Did you succeed to establish a connection with Klipper? I bought this orange pi for the same use but never succeeded: "no connection to printer".

No, my printer doesn't connect.

Edit: Now connected, I don't know how, but now is connected.

Edited by DvoraNoob
update

16 hours ago, DvoraNoob said:

No, my printer doesn't connect.

Edit: Now connected, I don't know how, but now is connected.

You're in luck ! Can you give me information on your manipulations, printer, config file and your method of flash please? On my printer I still can't establish a connection. I suspect the mode of communication but normally the motherboard of my 3D printer is supposed to communicate in USB ... Besides, it works well on Marlin.

7 hours ago, Aquilae said:

You're in luck ! Can you give me information on your manipulations, printer, config file and your method of flash please? On my printer I still can't establish a connection. I suspect the mode of communication but normally the motherboard of my 3D printer is supposed to communicate in USB ... Besides, it works well on Marlin.

I used Armbian Bullseye + Kiauh to configure Klipper, then I stopped and started the service from the web interface, maybe you get a permission denied error to access your USB in klippy.log, but I followed some steps I found on google to allow.

I sent an inbox message.

Hello guys,

I'm thinking about getting this board. But i wonder if everything works, or at least the NIC card and wifi, as i want to build a wifi access point plus very light server stuff, DHCP, DNS, etc. Does the NIC reach gigabit speeds? How about wifi, good speed?

Thanks in advance guys!

23 hours ago, FilSan said:

Hello guys,

I'm thinking about getting this board. But i wonder if everything works, or at least the NIC card and wifi, as i want to build a wifi access point plus very light server stuff, DHCP, DNS, etc. Does the NIC reach gigabit speeds? How about wifi, good speed?

Thanks in advance guys!

Wifi 5Ghz isn't Gigabit, only Cable is 1000Mbits/s, I don't know if an update solve this.

image.png.75b7062183cd039a55efeb190cdd0b92.png

I have Download 300 Mbps and Upload 100Mbps. 

Router Huawei AX3 Pro

image.png.b3ab69c99434e311babafba4b25caa5a.png

Edited by DvoraNoob
Update with test speed

5 hours ago, DvoraNoob said:

Wifi 5Ghz isn't Gigabit, only Cable is 1000Mbits/s, I don't know if an update solve this.

image.png.75b7062183cd039a55efeb190cdd0b92.png

I have Download 300 Mbps and Upload 100Mbps. 

Router Huawei AX3 Pro

image.png.b3ab69c99434e311babafba4b25caa5a.png

To truly test the connection speed, better use iperf with another local machine.

2 hours ago, mantouboji said:

5.16.1x kernels work well, USB support well,some USB WiFi even works in 5.16.19.  only error is can't reboot , need a small patch in dts file.

截屏2022-04-20 16.04.51.png

截屏2022-04-20 16.09.50.png

Nice, what USB wifi antenna is that? What speeds does it reach?

3 hours ago, mantouboji said:

5.16.1x kernels work well, USB support well,some USB WiFi even works in 5.16.19.  only error is can't reboot , need a small patch in dts file.

Can you please test if the internal Bluetooth works with this kernel?

58 minutes ago, mantouboji said:

the latest git commit (commit 283d7f38aea7922162f1d50e176b411f7ced9faf (HEAD -> master, origin/master, origin/HEAD) ) works well 

WiFi and BT are CF-813B

截屏2022-04-21 21.36.41.png

"reboot" does it work??

25 minutes ago, mrjack said:

"reboot" does it work??

no, you must apply an user patch to workaround it.  put it in  userpatches/kernel/archive/sunxi-5.17/ 

I add WiFi-BT chip  in DTS following this commit: https://github.com/jernejsk/linux-1/commit/e7222b1f0dfde22a3b60de7f3add6599fd942e84

but load uwe5622_bsp_sdio error, no any device found.

arm64-dts-sun50i-h616-orangepizero2-add-wifi.patch

17 minutes ago, xryl669 said:

@mantouboji Your patch contains a wrong file (.rej)'s patch which is usually left when a patch doesn't apply. I guess the change in the dts file for the reboot feature is small, can you paste it here ?

Does it work with internal WiFi and BT with the patch ?

Oh.... 

arm64-dts-sun50i-h616-orangepizero2-add-wifi.patch arm64-dts-sun50i-h616-reboot.patch