OrangePi Zero2 - Allwinner H616

Werner

14 minutes ago, ALIGMSTEN said:

Yes unfortunately you will have to develop overlays, no development is visible there.

Looks like it's a bit early for me to completely understand what you mean. 🤷‍♂️

Hi @yar83,

Sorry for responding late. Don't underestimate yourself, from what you have said, you have already done much and made a sensible choice with your project. Embedded Linux is a different subject from micro controllers which although OT, might be more appropriate for the physical computing aspects of your project.

I read it that you were struggling with the zero2 hardware, specifically integrating GPIO uses and possibly protocols such as SPI and i2c as an example. My agreement of that struggle specifically with zero2 is that the development of this boards peripheral's is non existent and have no easy way forward at the moment. 

You will have to brush up on device trees and overlays in order to start to use the capabilities of the board and you seem keen to have a serious punt at it for learning purposes.

Best,

Alistair

Hello all!

I'm thinking of buying an Orange Pi Zero 2, but came here first to know what the issues are before doing so.

Apparently, people can't get wifi to work ,is that correct?

What other features would I be missing?

Thank you!

3 часа назад, Luís Hansen сказал:

Apparently, people can't get wifi to work ,is that correct?

What other features would I be missing?

both ubuntu and debian from orangepi website works perfect with full functionality. but armbian still in progress(

On 7/8/2022 at 7:14 AM, nightguest said:

both ubuntu and debian from orangepi website works perfect with full functionality. but armbian still in progress(

That not entirely true. 

H265 a h264 acceleration in Debian image not working. Ubuntu I did not tested yet. 

For further discussion please create individual topics per issue/question. Lots of information gets lost in those insanely long topics.

Thanks for understanding.

• Werner locked this topic