Armbian v20.11.y Bugfix release(s)

Igor

Bugfix v1 was already pushed out:

• [AR-551] - Update fan configuration, enable network LED and enable UPS timer
  • Updated Helios64, Rockpi 4* images and rockchip64 kernels

Bugfix v2

Let's try to patch other critical things before Christmas. I already addressed ZFS problem on Focal by adding most recent DKMS package, but to solve it also for Buster it requires all kernel recompilation - in case you want to push some late changes, now it's the time. The Beast can handle that in no time :) We hopefully fixed Odroid HC4 (don't have HW to test), added KVIM2, DVFS on mvebu will be disabled from now on to secure stability (moving to 5.9.y ?) ... What will fail if we update Allwinner to 5.9.y? Mvebu? Rockchip.hf is ready. 

@Myy @TonyMac32 @balbes150 @piter75 @sfx2000@ebin-dev @Heisath@chwe@ning@lanefu@gprovost@aprayoga@5kft @JMCC@karabek@Igor@martinayotte@tkaiser@selfbg@Siraj@jock@going 

What else can be squeezed into this mini quick release? Smaller, almost done, things only.

I would also like to point out that we are progressing nicely with:

- updated Desktop variant (sits in our main build repository under the branch "desktop"), where also some other general things has been changed. Merge into master is estimated 2/2021, early adopters are welcome. There are other changes, not just desktop.

native ARM building. Need more testing, but basics are working.

Today +7 days?

1 hour ago, balbes150 said:

When can  expect to merge PR into the NATIVE branch ? This will allow maintainers and other interested users to slowly start testing the native build for their specific models.

Merged.

rockchip armhf works fine for me, but I will be happy to fix any small issues if they come up in the short time. rk322x also works pretty fine on 5.9.y: polished a patch with some failed hunks recently due to inclusion in mainline, fixes are already in the master branch.

10 hours ago, jock said:

rockchip armhf works fine for me, but I will be happy to fix any small issues if they come up in the short time. rk322x also works pretty fine on 5.9.y: polished a patch with some failed hunks recently due to inclusion in mainline, fixes are already in the master branch.

If you manage - add this to testing so we can include it or close https://github.com/armbian/build/pull/2149

I'm currently finishing the last features for builders, like :

• the ability to provide a list of packages to uninstall before generating the image;
  • limiting the desktops selection menus to the ones supported by Armbian and the architecture;
  • parsing the distribution info from configuration files.

I also went back to a clean Armbian fork, https://github.com/Miouyouyou/build/tree/desktop , so that pull requests are 'doable'. I still need to re-arrange the changes into specific branches to make pull requests "nicer" and also :

• add documentation for the new features;
  • remove the whole debug messages mess;
  • refactor a good part of the new code.

Helios64 LAN2 is completely disable thanks to the following commit : https://github.com/armbian/build/commit/6bb68d7ff787614bf0798b2d3fad9883144a9c2d

The mainline kernel r8153 driver doesn't support the vendor ID and product ID used in Helios64, so the interface is completely disable, it's not just losing 2.5Gb speed :-(

We didn't see at all this commit, and personally I wasn't aware of the publication of 20.11.3 release, because most probably I'm not following the right thread. Can someone point me out what thread I'm supposed to follow before a new minor release is being pushed ?

1 hour ago, gprovost said:

We didn't see at all this commit, and personally I wasn't aware of the publication of 20.11.3 release, because most probably I'm not following the right thread.

I usually call out when i see relationship, but this time I didn't see it ... otherwise we ping interested persons within a commit, so it would be enough time to react.

1 hour ago, gprovost said:

I wasn't aware of the publication of 20.11.3 release

I don't know how to promote this better than tagging people who might be affected by this.

11 hours ago, gprovost said:

Can someone point me out what thread I'm supposed to follow before a new minor release is being pushed ?

I think there are probably only 2 subforums you might need to monitor:

Both are very low volume.  You could set up an RSS feed (link at bottom of page) or simply peruse them whenever you log in.

• Igor unpinned this topic

Important Information

Terms of Use - Privacy Policy - Guidelines