Dynamic Device-Tree Overlays

I've been studying and working on Dynamic Device-Tree Overlays since awhile, but after hard work, I've finally got a working prototype using the work from Pantelis Antoniou.

During last few days, I was doing debugging to find out why it wasn't working, even if I got the ConfigFS working, it was refusing to grab my simple overlay test.

I've finally figured out this afternoon : the Root/Base DTB need also to be compiled with the "symbols" list generated with the Antoniou's version of "dtc".

So, I will probably prepare a patch soon and submit it thru a PR.

Unfortunately, I don't know how, it should be doable since the schematic mentioned that SPI1_CS1 is the PH7 pin, but it is already used in DTS for UART3 as well as for Codec (which lead me to some confusion).

Also, I don't know how the kernel drivers will handle it ...

HI TKaiser,

Ok, until recently (my last build on Aug 20th), we were still using the orange-pi-4.6, so I will take a look.

In fact, for the sunxi-dev, I've already done the change by simply using the same patch done for 4.8 into 4.7.

So, I'm currently doing a new build, if it is the same case, I will commit the things needed : delete or disabling the old 4.6.x and copy the 4.8 into a 4.7.x.

EDIT : We are still using orange-pi-4.6 in the sun8i-dev config, but I gave a try switching it to orange-pi-4.7.

I will commit those changes soon. I hope the switch from 4.6.x to 4.7.x won't cause any other patch issues.

(For the schedutil governor, I'm not fluent with those pieces ... What we have to do exactly ?)