Roon server on NanoPiM4 V2

pkfox

Hi guys, I'm looking into installing roon server on my NanoPiM4 V2 board - has anyone here done this ? it would be good to see others experiences and possible Howtos

uname -a gives me
4.4.213-rk3399 #8 SMP Sat Oct 31 08:18:20 CET 2020 aarch64 aarch64 aarch64 GNU/Linux

thanks guys

That is correct but irrelevant.

Packages you install from source or apt are 3rd party and userspace and in most cases unrelated to basic board functions which the bug tracker is intended to be used for. Therefore your topic has been moved to p2p.

2 hours ago, pkfox said:

I haven't received any replies I guess this is the wrong place to post

Some people go months, years before receiving a reply.

Have you tried just installing the software?  I only have basic understanding about what Roon is (music server / client) however it should be straightforward, no?  Did you run into some particular problem?  I would suspect any problems are likely more related to Roon itself (which is userspace program) than anything Armbian related (which deal more with low level, hardware, and base OS stuff).  Therefore you might have better luck (more specific knowledge) over on their forums.

10 hours ago, pkfox said:

it would be good to see others experiences and possible Howtos

Yes, that is always good.  If you cannot find any, maybe take good notes, so you can come back and write one.  ;)  :thumbup:

Edited by TRS-80

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.