Orange Pi 3 (H6) ethernet not working on 5.9 and above

Jokr_Kedo

done a few more ( approx 6 ) till now and all looking good,

will start with cold boot early morning to see how things go and give a few more reboots after that.

but seems to be fine on this H6 board, over to topic : OrangePi3

[EDIT]

Meanswhile executed reboots and cold starts, OPiOnePlus came back OK all the time ( kernel 5.9.16 )

[/EDIT] 

Suddenly my ethernet stopped working, i didn't touch anything, just updated, upgraded and rebooted, the cable is ok i tested it on my pc and the ethernet works, also ethtool says the link is up and detected, i have no idea what's the problem?, any help, also set static ip 2 weeks ago worked fine until now, also the lights on the ethernet port are lighting, the orange is constantly lit and the green occasionally flashes, orangepi3, the log is too long, putty doesn't save enough of it

Annotation 2020-12-15 225858.jpg

Annotation 2020-12-15 225814.jpg

Annotation 2020-12-15 225231.jpg

On 12/15/2020 at 11:12 PM, markonjak said:

Suddenly my ethernet stopped working, i didn't touch anything, just updated, upgraded and rebooted, the cable is ok i tested it on my pc and the ethernet works, also ethtool says the link is up and detected, i have no idea what's the problem?, any help, also set static ip 2 weeks ago worked fine until now, also the lights on the ethernet port are lighting, the orange is constantly lit and the green occasionally flashes, orangepi3, the log is too long, putty doesn't save enough of it

Annotation 2020-12-15 225858.jpg

Annotation 2020-12-15 225814.jpg

Annotation 2020-12-15 225231.jpg

I have the same issue.
Link is up, but networking is down. Everything in configuration is ok.

• Werner changed the title to Orange Pi 3 (H6) ethernet not working on 5.9 and above

Hello.

@ Igor

I'm sorry if I wasted your time with my first post. That wasn't my intention. I have great respect for the work you are doing here and I am very grateful for that. I can already find out from the article that there is a problem in the kernel so far. I just wanted to confirm that my Orange Pi 3 is the same. That may have been stupid of me. I'm sorry.

@ Werner

Thank you for the info!

I'm switching back to a system with kernel level 5.8, and I'm waiting for development.