RK3288/RK3328 Legacy Multimedia Framework

JMCC

On 1/30/2021 at 9:13 PM, Kete said:

Is there anything that could be done to increase the stability in Chromium?

As I said above, there are some references to x11vnc on the logs you sent.  You simply denied it, but I invite you to read them, x11vnc is there. That is the first problem that needs to be cleared out.

11 hours ago, Krapadur said:

Hi,

Thank you for your help :-)

Reinstall from scratch is getting better : i guess i had encoding problems choosing locales according to my location France. 

I said "Yes" and now i just say "No" and i don't have error with "sudo apt update".

About Kodi, i launched it once from login screen, choosing Kodi-GBM with my main account user/password. I got menu screen but impossible to interact : keyboard/mouse not working anymore. 

After reboot, i'm now stucked at the Kodi splash screen. No menu.

A sudo reboot from Putty console took a moment to effectively reboot the Rock64, and no more Kodi menus appearing...

2021-02-09 21:47:44.903 T:547990247008   ERROR: DBus error: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown - The name org.freedesktop.UPower was not provided by any .service files
[...]

2021-02-09 21:47:48.920 T:547865369984   ERROR: SQL: [Epg12.db] SQLite error SQLITE_ERROR (no such table: version)
                                            Query: SELECT idVersion FROM version
2021-02-09 21:47:48.957 T:547865369984   ERROR: Process error processing job

So i had a look at ~/.kodi/userdata/Database/ and renamed Epg12.db to  Epg12.db.old

Now, lauchning Kodi, i got a Dbus error in log https://postit.ilinux.fr/?02830bec8bcc36d9#2QAW5vaRzKjxNjPgxXGGfuWsr8TrjEnpE3AFobo4mQjb

SQL database errors, weird APT errors... It looks to me like a faulty storage media. Try with some new good quality SD card, like Sandisk Ultra.

[EDIT]: IIRC, Rock64 has many hardware problems, that is the reason why we don't support it anymore. That can be the cause for the storage failures, probably a faulty SD card reader.

57 minutes ago, balbes150 said:

@JMCCI am currently trying to install a media script on M1 (rk3328) and I get an error from the armbian-buster-desktop package. Is this my local problem or do you also observe such a problem ?

Last time I tried, it was working fine, but it was two weeks ago. Let me test when I get home.

10 минут назад, JMCC сказал:

Last time I tried, it was working fine, but it was two weeks ago. Let me test when I get home.

Additional information. Images P1 (rk3399) and M1 (rk3328) use a shared ROOTFS (shared archive) when building. On P1, everything works without errors.

On 2/10/2021 at 10:17 AM, JMCC said:

SQL database errors, weird APT errors... It looks to me like a faulty storage media. Try with some new good quality SD card, like Sandisk Ultra.

[EDIT]: IIRC, Rock64 has many hardware problems, that is the reason why we don't support it anymore. That can be the cause for the storage failures, probably a faulty SD card reader.

Ok, I've been trying for 3 days with the native SanDisk Ultra 32Gb HC1 (maybe a bit tired ?) and another new Integral 128 Gb SD XC1 A1. The problems are the same so you're probably right. Is the SDXC enough good quality ?

I bought a Emmc 32Gb with the Rock64 but i didn't have the serial cable to flash it. I'm now looking for a way to flash the emmc from just a SD card. It seems nand-sata-install or arbian-config scripts should do the job ?

1 hour ago, Krapadur said:

I'm now looking for a way to flash the emmc

The problem with the nand-sata-install is that, if your SD card or reader is failing, they will replicate the errors. In this particular case, I would recommend booting the board and then flashing the image on the fly from the web, like this:

wget https://redirect.armbian.com/rock64/Buster_legacy_desktop  -O - | xzcat | dd of=/dev/mmcblk0 bs=1M

Replacing /dev/mmcblk0 with the device node corresponding to your emmc.

13 часов назад, JMCC сказал:

I just built a M1 buster-legacy-desktop image, burned to SD, installed media-buster-legacy-rk3328 and played a 160Mbps Jellyfin HEVC 4K sample. Everything went smooth and without errors here

Which branch of MASTER or DESKTOP did you create the image from ? I use creating an image from the DESKTOP branch with all package options enabled. Can you check the installation of the media script on M1 on the image from this directory ?

https://users.armbian.com/balbes150/firefly_station_m1/Armbian/

1 hour ago, balbes150 said:

Which branch of MASTER or DESKTOP

I used master. From what you say, it looks like we need to put some "Provides: armbian-xxx-desktop" field in the package control files, to ensure backwards compatibility. I will look into it.

On 2/10/2021 at 12:45 PM, JMCC said:

As I said above, there are some references to x11vnc on the logs you sent.  You simply denied it, but I invite you to read them, x11vnc is there. That is the first problem that needs to be cleared out.

I have tested many combinations, among which I tested without x11vnc and also many other possible suspects. It is directly related to chromium. I have gotten the same log when not running x11vnc.
I ended up writing a PHP script that connects to the streaming website and gets the media and redirects it to mpv.
Chromium needs more work at least on this board (I understand that it is unsupported).

Hey there... I'm just a quiet co reader who burns to get into this. Be aware, I'm a linux-noob! 

Well I have a so called leelbox 4k 4gb / 64gb, Rk3328 (I just opened it and there's also a big "T9" on the sticker on the board) , 4 cores, arm v8a 64bit, stock Android 8.1 (so damn boring). Since a few days I browsed the net and found not a lot, but here a few and there a little bit. (surely don't mean the rock chips... 😴) For about 1 ½ days now I'm only here in the armbian forum, struggle a little with Linux language (as a lazy androidian) and I'm just wow blown away, by what these crazy freaks with God-like skills, jmcc, balbes & mates, promise to pimp this little box just by using its skills properly. Well it took me a good while to decide, which box to choose for downloading the buster desktop that's recommended for flashing. Because no box fits perfectly to mine. I struggled between M1, P1 and even Z28 pro, because it really does not really match to one of them. What's your opinion? (It would be a honor to me if I would be allowed to send some photos for better understanding). And perhaps you soon will have one more device in this 'list of pre-choice'. Well I just organized a sdcard and in a few hours we'll see if it's a Z28 or not, when I might have to make it naked again for short curcuiting😉. I love your enthusiasm and engagement in this, you "kerneling romaniacs". 

One more question please: if this will work for me, I have an clean Linux surface and optional kodi. And all the awesome kodi goodies pre-installed and ready to go. I hope I got this right. Now my question, as I mainly use this box for IPTV(using Android apps) and testing around Modded apps(also Android). I mean: is this Linux surface, that I soon will have, a good/acceptable/possible/not-too-bad base  for something like an android Rom (or let it be an emu, even better:change roms without fucking with the kernel...) 

Thanks for listening and for feedback! 

YOU ARE AWSOME, developers!!

All the best wishes from Germany ✌🏽👍🏼😎

8 minutes ago, Daniel Will said:

M1, P1

Moin, :P

at least for those you should find a couple of threads in this forums since some of us were lucky enough to get them for free in a giveaway from StationGeekers. Both M1 and P1 should be pretty well supported. @balbes150did a tremendous job there.

Keep in mind though Armbian does not officially support any TV boxes. Most stuff out there is community driven.

4 hours ago, Daniel Will said:

Hey there... I'm just a quiet co reader who burns to get into this. Be aware, I'm a linux-noob! 

Well I have a so called leelbox 4k 4gb / 64gb, Rk3328 (I just opened it and there's also a big "T9" on the sticker on the board) , 4 cores, arm v8a 64bit, stock Android 8.1 (so damn boring). Since a few days I browsed the net and found not a lot, but here a few and there a little bit. (surely don't mean the rock chips... 😴) For about 1 ½ days now I'm only here in the armbian forum, struggle a little with Linux language (as a lazy androidian) and I'm just wow blown away, by what these crazy freaks with God-like skills, jmcc, balbes & mates, promise to pimp this little box just by using its skills properly. Well it took me a good while to decide, which box to choose for downloading the buster desktop that's recommended for flashing. Because no box fits perfectly to mine. I struggled between M1, P1 and even Z28 pro, because it really does not really match to one of them. What's your opinion? (It would be a honor to me if I would be allowed to send some photos for better understanding). And perhaps you soon will have one more device in this 'list of pre-choice'. Well I just organized a sdcard and in a few hours we'll see if it's a Z28 or not, when I might have to make it naked again for short curcuiting😉. I love your enthusiasm and engagement in this, you "kerneling romaniacs". 

One more question please: if this will work for me, I have an clean Linux surface and optional kodi. And all the awesome kodi goodies pre-installed and ready to go. I hope I got this right. Now my question, as I mainly use this box for IPTV(using Android apps) and testing around Modded apps(also Android). I mean: is this Linux surface, that I soon will have, a good/acceptable/possible/not-too-bad base  for something like an android Rom (or let it be an emu, even better:change roms without fucking with the kernel...) 

Thanks for listening and for feedback! 

YOU ARE AWSOME, developers!!

All the best wishes from Germany ✌🏽👍🏼😎

I can't find any information about your board from the search engine from my country,if you could provide your SoC model,maybe it helps.But,I don't think such an unknown device can run Linux properly.

On 3/17/2021 at 7:41 AM, Gustavo A. Díaz said:

Ok, I missed that one. Anyways, installing Buster of Focal with legacy Kernel makes my Rock64 (4GB) to kernel fault randomly and crash, even at start:

I have the same problem with my Rock64. I couldn't get it to boot.

On 2/10/2021 at 1:17 AM, JMCC said:

Are there docs about the problems, anywhere?

7 hours ago, CeeGO said:

Are there docs about the problems, anywhere?

Search the forums. Don't expect official documents: as we have stated several times, Rock64 is not supported by Armbian, and therefore we won't put resources into it. If you, or any other community member, wants to work on documenting the problems or fixing them, feel free to do it. I don't even own the board.

And please start a different thread on the "Peer-to-Peer Support" subforum. Any further post about the Rock64 problems will be deleted from this thread.

1 hour ago, balbes150 said:

@JMCC Is everything ok with the download site ? I try to install a package media-buster-legacy-rk3328 and the system says there is no such package. Or is it just a problem on my side ?

I just tested it and it works for me as expected. Maybe some problem with the mirror sync?

@JMCCCan you disable binding to a specific kernel ? This causes problems. Now the old version for M1 is in reps, which contains errors , but the package stubbornly puts this version and goes through the manual replacement of files. I also fixed the build of all versions (main kernel and 4.4) for Firefly-rk3328-roc-cc (Libre Renegade rk3328), and the binding prevents the package from being installed quickly. By the way, there is still a problem with KODI on Renegade, it causes the kernel to crash, but this is a problem with other kernel sources for 4.4. LE with the main core works fine on Firefly-rk3328-roc-cc, with remote control, analog sound and HW.

On 4/5/2021 at 3:15 PM, balbes150 said:

@JMCCCan you disable binding to a specific kernel ? This causes problems. Now the old version for M1 is in reps, which contains errors , but the package stubbornly puts this version and goes through the manual replacement of files. I also fixed the build of all versions (main kernel and 4.4) for Firefly-rk3328-roc-cc (Libre Renegade rk3328), and the binding prevents the package from being installed quickly. By the way, there is still a problem with KODI on Renegade, it causes the kernel to crash, but this is a problem with other kernel sources for 4.4. LE with the main core works fine on Firefly-rk3328-roc-cc, with remote control, analog sound and HW.

Sorry, I was away. I'll try to fix it ASAP

Package update in the repos. It reverts back the addition of station-m1 and station-p1 kernels, to the previous state, when everything worked fine. We are keeping the "Depends" relationship to the legacy kernel, since the package actually depends on the legacy kernel: it won't work with a different kernel, and even more it will break the system if installed.

Your sure about video acceleration in chromium?

In chrome://gpu i see "Video Decode: Hardware"

But in chrome://media-internals/ i see "FFmpegVideoDecoder". And when i trying to play 1080p - all cpu cores have 100% load...

5 minutes ago, Azq2 said:

Your sure about video acceleration in chromium?

In chrome://gpu i see "Video Decode: Hardware"

But in chrome://media-internals/ i see "FFmpegVideoDecoder". And when i trying to play 1080p - all cpu cores have 100% load...

Decoding is done in software, but the video is displayed in a HW accelerated EGL layer. Otherwise it would not be possible to have vsync and smooth 1080p@60

AFAIK Chromium has no HW decoding support in Linux. There was some work going on for using v4l2, I am not sure if it made it into the release already 

Has anyone successfully played a 4K video on a RK3328 (eg a Rock64) using mpv and rkmpp?

I've been trying this build of mpv on my 4 GB Rock64 running buster legacy try to get it to play a 4K h264  but I've not had one play properly yet. What is the full mpv command to get fullscreen, 4K h264 playback to work with rkmpp, if possible? I've seen commands such as this suggested but it doesn't work for me:

mpv --vo=gpu --gpu-api=opengl --gpu-context=drm --gpu-hwdec-interop=drmprime-drm --hwdec=rkmpp video.mkv

I've tried various combos of those options. With all the videos I've tried, I either see the first frame of the video then nothing else (I just have to quit mpv), I just get a black screen or it crashes.