Jellyfin performances

louismax

Hello everyone,

I've been running my Helios64 for about 2 months now. My system is installed on the eMMC and i'm running a few docker containers (all from linuxserver.io)

• Radarr
  • Sonarr
  • Bazarr
  • Transmission
  • Jackett
  • Jellyfin

I'm having difficulties with Jellyfin and my media library. When lauching tv shows or movies, the CPU rockets to ~97-99% use and the media is constantly stopping to load.

I would like to know what I can do to ease the strain on the CPU and be finally able to use Jellyfin.

Has anyone been able to use hardware acceleration with docker ?

What info can I give you to shade light on the matter ?

Regards

5 hours ago, Werner said:

Actually it is not about hardware acceleration in docker. It is more about hardware acceleration at all that needs to be verified if it works

It seems V4L2_M2M acceleration (h264 encode support) is our best option for ffmpeg, however, I have not made much progress beyond learning as I go. If you make progress that'd be great to know.

On 12/17/2020 at 5:20 PM, louismax said:

Hello everyone,

I've been running my Helios64 for about 2 months now. My system is installed on the eMMC and i'm running a few docker containers (all from linuxserver.io)

• Radarr
  • Sonarr
  • Bazarr
  • Transmission
  • Jackett
  • Jellyfin

I'm having difficulties with Jellyfin and my media library. When lauching tv shows or movies, the CPU rockets to ~97-99% use and the media is constantly stopping to load.

I would like to know what I can do to ease the strain on the CPU and be finally able to use Jellyfin.

Has anyone been able to use hardware acceleration with docker ?

What info can I give you to shade light on the matter ?

Regards

I am struggling as well. 

So far Jellyfin seems to be struggling with playing x265 video's. I get the same effect as you.

On the other hand x264 seems to be working well, but I didn't extensively test it yet.

Any one can explain what we are exactly missing for x265? From what I read the chip should be able to handle it, so I am hopeful.