Espressobin v5 - any luck to get true 1Ghz or 1.2 Ghz?

egg

On 1/1/2021 at 11:11 PM, egg said:

is there any progress on making it work at 1G

Yes, see my comment https://forum.armbian.com/topic/4089-espressobin-support-development-efforts/?do=findComment&comment=110303 After my tests it seems to be stable on 1GHz CPU, but testers are welcome! I'm planning to send a new version of patches.

On 1/1/2021 at 11:11 PM, egg said:

or 1.2Ghz?

Do you have a board with 1.2GHz SOC variant? I'm asking because I have not seen Armada3720 SOC with 1.2GHz CPU yet. See my comment https://forum.armbian.com/topic/15059-espressobin-mainline-u-bootatf/?tab=comments#comment-109760 where I wrote how to detect CPU variant.

Thank you Pali. It was good to finally discover the SoC chip frequency. My chip shows something like (difficult to read):

66F3720-XX
C100 ??

thus a C100 1 GHz part.

It was not advertised as this, as GlobalScale sold it as a 1.2 GHz board. Those who were supplied a 800 MHz variant could have been surprised badly. I believe it is a bad practice leading to confusion as well as it brings users more challenges finding the right implementation.

Having said that, my 1 GHz board still remains unstable with the 1 GHz firmware variant.

I understand, that some progress was made with u-boot settings. Where could a new version with patches be found?

1 minute ago, y52 said:

thus a C100 1 GHz part.

Yes, C100 code means 1 GHz variant of A3720 SoC.

1 minute ago, y52 said:

Having said that, my 1 GHz remains still unstable with the 1 GHz firmware variant.

It is unstable in U-Boot or in running Linux system?

Because in Linux kernel since version 5.13 are all patches mentioned above for testing. Patches were backported also in stable Linux kernel versions. Which version of Linux kernel are you using? And what does ot mean _still unstable_?

It is unable sustaining a day or two without a sporadic reboot. It doesn't leave any error logs. It just reboots on its own. I  am not sure if this is a U-Boot preset settings, which lead to instability or a current running Linux system. The latter one is :

Linux espressobin 4.19.56-mvebu64 #5.89 SMP PREEMPT Tue Jun 25 22:27:47 CEST 2019 aarch64 GNU/Linux