Armbian for Tanix TX3 Amlogic S905X3 with SP6330 WiFi/Bluetooth module

hannah

Hello Daniel,

go and download image from  https://users.armbian.com/balbes150/arm-64/ . I had  Armbian_20.10_Arm-64_bionic_current_5.9.0.img.xz and yesterday crashed my ssd and now i am trying Armbian_20.10_Arm-64_bullseye_current_5.9.0_desktop.img.xz . Both work ok. If you want you can try and the other images.

Then follow the instructions from the link below (from 2step)

https://forum.armbian.com/topic/12988-armbian-for-amlogic-s905x3/?do=findComment&comment=109829

For .dtb i am using the meson-sm1-sei610-ethfix.dtb from this post https://forum.armbian.com/topic/12988-armbian-for-amlogic-s905x3/?do=findComment&comment=108204 and it is ok.

Good luck

I messed up my emmc and after having restored it using Burn_Card_Maker_V2.0.3 with both factory images and custom images (slimbox) I have lost ability to boot from SD and USB :(

Is it because the u-boot is broken or not the one I had before?

Does an armbian image that I could use with Burn_Card_Maker exist ?

I figured out a combination of bad SD cards and possibly the CD card reader that is not 100% reliable is creating the above situation, hence I started investigating the install to emmc following the instructions available here BUT the install script seems to be missing from Armbian_20.10_Arm-64_focal_current_5.9.0.img.xz, am I mistaken?

On 2/8/2021 at 6:15 PM, Daniel Cagarrinho said:

Anyone can put the vfd working normally??

Mine was stuck with the message “boot”

it is possible to put the clock back working??

this would need these drivers, I wonder if they are available in armbian, there is also another thread in the forum but nobody answered.

On 2/8/2021 at 12:15 PM, Daniel Cagarrinho said:

Anyone can put the vfd working normally??

Mine was stuck with the message “boot”

it is possible to put the clock back working??

I'm not aware of anyone that has done this successfully.

4 hours ago, lcapriotti said:

tks! There are two possible candidates: install-aml-s905-emmc.sh and install-aml.sh, which one shall be used on our box?

The install-aml-s905-emmc.sh is for boxes running the s905 cpu

The install-aml.sh script is for boxes running all other s905?? cpus (s905x,s905w, s905x2, s905x3, etc)

I don't have any s905 based boxes so I have only ever used the install-aml.sh script for my s905w, s905x2 and s905x3 boxes.

On 1/30/2021 at 11:34 AM, Alexx said:

Hello Daniel,

go and download image from  https://users.armbian.com/balbes150/arm-64/ . I had  Armbian_20.10_Arm-64_bionic_current_5.9.0.img.xz and yesterday crashed my ssd and now i am trying Armbian_20.10_Arm-64_bullseye_current_5.9.0_desktop.img.xz . Both work ok. If you want you can try and the other images.

Then follow the instructions from the link below (from 2step)

https://forum.armbian.com/topic/12988-armbian-for-amlogic-s905x3/?do=findComment&comment=109829

For .dtb i am using the meson-sm1-sei610-ethfix.dtb from this post https://forum.armbian.com/topic/12988-armbian-for-amlogic-s905x3/?do=findComment&comment=108204 and it is ok.

Good luck

Hello Alexx, did you get wifi working with meson-sm1-sei610-ethfix.dtb??

Or it is necessary to do something else?

Once again tank you very much for your help, since you have helping me i have home assistant running perfectly :)

On 3/22/2021 at 2:15 PM, Daniel Cagarrinho said:

I need some help, did anyone get wifi working with tanix tx3??

what i can do to make it work???

Daniel,
Were you able to get the wifi up and running?
I'm having the same problem, I tried a few things but without success.

17 hours ago, Daniel Cagarrinho said:

wen I reboot the box the os cannot start properly

Can you provide anymore information?  When you say the box doesn't start properly what exactly do you mean.  Especially as you also said you have wifi working.  Those two sentences seem to contradict each other, so there must be more information that you could share.  Also is this happening from an install on SD or emmc?  When did it stop working?  What changes did you make between successfully working and your new problems?

I boot using a USB stick, then I used the two commands :

```
sudo mv /lib/firmware/brcm/brcmfmac4330-sdio.txt /lib/firmware/brcm/brcmfmac4330-sdio.txt.old
sudo ln -s  /lib/firmware/brcm/brcmfmac-ap6330-sdio.txt /lib/firmware/brcm/brcmfmac4330-sdio.txt
```

after that I entered in the armbian-config and managed to connect to a wifi network, then restarted the box and no longer be able to boot armbian!

Conclusion this two commands turn possible the usage of wifi, but somehow causes a problem removing the ability to boot the system after the change!!!

Ps: I just can post 1 time a day here!

On 4/9/2021 at 10:00 PM, Daniel Cagarrinho said:

```
sudo mv /lib/firmware/brcm/brcmfmac4330-sdio.txt /lib/firmware/brcm/brcmfmac4330-sdio.txt.old
sudo ln -s  /lib/firmware/brcm/brcmfmac-ap6330-sdio.txt /lib/firmware/brcm/brcmfmac4330-sdio.txt
```

after that I entered in the armbian-config and managed to connect to a wifi network, then restarted the box and no longer be able to boot armbian!

Conclusion this two commands turn possible the usage of wifi, but somehow causes a problem removing the ability to boot the system after the change!!!

Could you please explain why do you use 6330 instead of 4330 ? And what is about your tvbox now, can you fix and boot again ?

Tks

On 4/8/2021 at 3:52 PM, Daniel Cagarrinho said:

I have successfully connected wifi, but wen I reboot the box the os cannot start properly!!! I have followed the instructions from this topic

I have been focused on the wifi changes that I perhaps have overlooked something else.  Do you have armbian installed on emmc?  The reason I ask is that I have multiple boxes where if armbian is installed on emmc, they sometimes will not reboot.  The work around is to install an sd card (with a bootable version of armbian installed, including the correct dtb configured), boot once from the sd card and then remove the sd card and the system will then boot normally from emmc.

On 4/9/2021 at 10:00 PM, Daniel Cagarrinho said:

```
```

I run 2 commands as yours and run armbian-config, come to network/wifi but I still can't see wifi list, just only "Wired"

Wired              ↑ │ <Deactivate> │
                                          │ │ * Ifupdown (eth0)  ▒ │             

Hi all

I try again 2 commands

And now my TX3 Mini has wifi, good news !

my TX3 Mini uses S905W, not S905X3 and uses SP6330 - X, not SP6330, my dtb is "/dtb/amlogic/meson-gxl-s905w-tx3-mini.dtb"

Now it has wifi but no bluetooth and I still really want it have bluetooth. Does anyone here try to get bluetooth in TX3 mini with same chipsets as mine ?

Thanks

Hi SteeMan
I have a box H96 max x3 (Amlogic s905x3) and I can't put the android back, it doesn't recognize usb with Burning tool. I installed armbian and it recognizes sd and usb with armbian. Do you have a backup copy of emmc with android 9? How can I flash the room?

H1d7a4feb71ed4ebba5f483017ee1aa8b0_resultWebP.jpg

3. To get wifi working:

```
```

Thanks, these commands worked on my TX6 (4+32gb) 😀 wifi is working now. It has same SP6330 Wifi / bluetooth Chip.

Following is the detail to my tx6

Edited by hali