Fans do not spin at all

Mark Dixon

Hi,

I think I may have posted about this in a few places, but I'm not sure where most are looking to discuss helios64 issues. The problem I am having is that the fans do not turn at all. As per the wiki, I've tried setting fancontrol off, and checking that the pwm value goes to 255, which it does but still no movement. I am using the fans supplied in the kit.

There is nothing obstructing the fans, and sometimes if I disconnect and reconnect them from the board they will twitch a bit, or spin for a short while (until the connector is fully down against the board), but nothing otherwise. I've also tried heating the cpu up to ~85C (e.g `cat /dev/random | gzip > /dev/null`) with fancontrol enabled, and whilst the pwm value changes, as expected there is no movement in the fans. I've also tried FreeBSD, which seems to have the same problem.

Anyone else seen this issue? Seems most people have problems with the fans being to loud. Anything further I can do to get to the bottom of it?

Thanks,

Mark