Reboot problem

reamond

Hi, I have from the very beginning problem with the reboot command and the reset button on the Orange PI ONE.

> The reboot command take down the PI ONE, but it dont get up again. None of the led lights give any sign... so it just dont kick in?

> The reset button, is just not responding... I can press it any time... no affect.

Any good Idea to figure out where to search for the solution?

You can check my log under;  

Thanks in advance /R

the reset button on the Orange PI ONE

There is no reset button on this board, just a button called 'power' that can be used to wake from sleep.

What you describe (reboot not working) is most probably 'just' any of your USB devices preventing 'autoboot' in u-boot (your board rebooted properly but mis-interprets any input from your two HID devices -- maybe due to a u-boot bug -- stopped loading the kernel and waiting now indefinitely at the u-boot prompt for input).

Simply issue reboot again and immediately pull the USB plug to your USB hub and re-insert the cable after the green led starts to blink for 10 seconds. And tell whether that helped or not.

Hi, I have from the very beginning problem with the reboot command and the reset button on the Orange PI ONE.

The reboot command on OPI ONE is pretty useless as USB peripherals keep being powered and no actual reset happens. Power down system, disconnect power for at least 20s and restart.

The "power button" can be defined in software to power down the OPI, but not to start it.