Allwinner H6

balbes150

20 hours ago, awawa said:

Oi@Marcio TorresEu fiz um tutorial de como instalar o SO para Tanix TX6 aqui:  review O link para o repositório de imagens TX6 está no review. Você pode pular a parte sobre a instalação do HyperHDR se não precisar dele. Eu uso a variante de imagem de subtensão (console) por um bom tempo e está estável até agora. Instalado no eMMC usando armbian-config.

Thank you and success.

Has anybody figured out how to make the USB3 port work as USB3 in the V96mini with a H6  ?

I've WIFI, LAN, USB2.0 working and now wanted to connect an USB3 camera to the USB 3 port however it does not initialize when connected there. It works well on USB2 port but at limited resolution. USB2 devices also work on the USB3 port. Just not USB3 on USB3.

I'm using the sun50i-h6-tanix-tx6_v96mini6k_01.dtb by Ultradrom and tried on Armbian 21.05.0-trunk Focal with Linux 5.10.27-aw-h6-tv and Armbian 22.05.0-trunk  with Linux 5.15.27-station.

@awawa, I'm trying to rebuid your source, but have even this error, wha's mean?

[error ] ERROR in function compile_kernel [ main.sh:589 -> main.sh:490 -> compilation.sh:506 -> general.sh:0 ]

and I'd like to know if there will be any update of your armbian Allwinner H6 TV Box build in the future.

Thanks.

@Giuseppe Di Resta You must verify Armbian build logs in output/debug if I remember correctly. Probably some patches are incompatible with the newer kernel you are using. You can manually force kernel to 5.15.24 or adjust/remove the incompatible ones. Patches related to DTB / DTS are usually critically important for the stable behavior. Unfortunately Kernel 5.17 (some may be back-ported to newer 5.15.x  at this time)  brings many breaking changes to these options and it would require to completely rework them and test them a lot.

Edited by awawa

On 8/16/2022 at 12:13 AM, MBB said:

For anyone wanting to build from mainline, we have posted an article with our patches.  These include AC200 Ethernet and XR819 wifi support in kernel 5.15.y.  For edge builds, AC200 Ethernet is supported.  To support the XR819, we'll have to create more patches for the changes in kernel 5.19.  The link is https://www.inovato.com/article/building-armbian.

@MBB Are you working to get your patches submitted back to base Armbian?  The reason I'm asking is given your current instructions (pull armbian source, apply your zip of patches) you will run into problems over time as the armbian codebase changes, since you aren't tied to a specific git commit or label.  Also long term where do your end users turn for software support?  Armbian certainly isn't setup to provide end user support for projects like this.  Just wondering about how you envision long term support working as it relates to the armbian code you are building on top of.

Hi @SteeMan!  Thanks for reaching out.  We are great fans of Armbian!  This project rests on the great previous work by @balbes150 and as followed up on by @awawa.  We have simply updated those patches.  Currently, our plan was to keep updating our patches (and add other boxes such as the work being done by @jock), but if there is interest in making this a CSC build, I am more than happy to discuss how you'd like us to proceed.  It is certainly our intent to handle all support and not place any burden on Armbian folks.  Is there a good way to discuss in real time?  You can reach me here:  mike at inovato.com.  I am US West Coast.

54 minutes ago, MBB said:

Currently, our plan was to keep updating our patches (and add other boxes such as the work being done by @jock), but if there is interest in making this a CSC build, I am more than happy to discuss how you'd like us to proceed.  It is certainly our intent to handle all support and not place any burden on Armbian folks.  Is there a good way to discuss in real time?  You can reach me here:  mike at inovato.com.  I am US West Coast.

@MBB I would recommend that reach out to @Igor via irc or discord for that discussion.

is this version currently supported or is there any other cheap tx box to be used instead?
I have a pi3+ and also a bananapi but today they are very expensive
my idea is to use them for ham radio or for other things like lora for example
after all they are much cheaper than a pi faster than one too and if you boot via usb it should be much better

• Werner locked this topic