Network eth0 will not stay online

Mydogboris

Hello,

I installed OMV on my Helios64 and created a share.  The device stays online and works well for hours and then at some point eth0 goes offline and no longer communicates.  The only way to restore connectivity is with a reboot.  I looked at the logs and dont see anything jumping out at me as to why this happens but I could very easily be missing something or the log didnt capture the event.  I have not yet tried to console in through the USBc port when this occurs but will try next time.  Has anyone else seen this issue or fixed it? 

Sorry.. I wanted to reply yesterday but I am restricted to one post a day by this board.  I did not notice a system error light.  I tried to connect to the console port but it was completely unresponsive.  The HD lights were green and the network port lit.  When I forced powered it down and then powered back online the console port connection popped right up and I was connected.  I checked /var/log/syslog but didnt see anything in particular but I am clearly missing something.  It may or may not be pertinent but I have been trying to copy large amounts of data over using Apple OS X Time Machine connected via SMB share to the Helios64.  Any recommendations would be appreciated.    

@Mydogboris the system could be encounter kernel crash.

Have you tried to limit the cpu speed and governor?

Change CPU governor to Performance, and optionally reduce the CPU speed to keep the system run cool.

armbian-config > System > CPU

Minimum CPU speed = 1200000

Maximum CPU speed = 1200000

CPU governor = performance