Armbian doesn't detect my eMMC memory

zekth

Armbianmonitor:

Hello, 

After looking on the forum and on the internet I am turning to you.

Here is my problem: armbian is currently running on an SD card and I would like to put it on the eMMC memory of my orange Pi 3 (8gb). When I run the sudo nand-sata-install script it offers me to install eMMc on my memory but tells me that the partition is too small. 8go seems largely sufficient to install armbian. You should know that this orange Pi already contains linux firmware in its internal memory.

I figured this was due to the fact that maybe this version of armbian didn't support emmc memory, so I tried with the focal version, the buster version and the bionic version. I also tried with the 2 ubuntu images offered on the orange pi site and none seem to work with my eMMc memory.

When I go to / dev / I only see mmcblk0 (I'm assuming this is my internal memory), mmcblk1 (my SD card) and mmcblkp1 (my partition on the SD card).

I followed the "getting started" tutorial to the letter but I don't have enough knowledge to fix the problem on my own, that's why I'm in your hands.

I remain at your disposal for any information

Thanks in advance,

Zekth

15 hours ago, zekth said:

so I tried with the focal version, the buster version and the bionic version.

Those builds have 100% identical hardware interface / kernel. Focal, Bionic and Buster differs only in application layer / user space / packages versions. They are identical to their official counterpart so you can ran 3rd party programs without adjusting things.

16 hours ago, zekth said:

You should know that this orange Pi already contains linux firmware in its internal memory.

You can boot something from this OPi3, Android? When SD card is not present? Did you try changing power supply and booting without attaching anything else? It looks like some hw defect, where we can't do nothing much about.

My Opi3 running from eMMC.

http://ix.io/2Nys